Review by mariakavo88 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by mariakavo88 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by mariakavo88 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole is a fast-paced novel full of suspense. This book is a work of fiction with all the aspects of horror, supernatural, suspense, and thriller. From the very beginning you are thrown into a world of demons and the supernatural. This is a book that you will want to read from cover to cover without putting it down. The plots and characters in this book are ones that are intriguing and draw you into the story line right from the get go.

Abigail is comfortable with the world of the supernatural, and works for a secret organization hunting demons; however, a past incident has left this organization with little trust for her and has therefore placed her in a position of doing menial tasks. Haatim is a recent college graduate who is struggling with his faith after losing his sister. After a chance encounter Haatim is hired to follow Abigail. This leads to a series of strange events and throws Haatim into the supernatural world of demons and near death experiences.

With Abigail saving Haatims life on more than one occasion they are connected by more than they think. Abigail is ordered to investigate a small mountain town by the name of Raven’s Peak and Haatim has no choice but to go along with her. There Abigail will discover some secrets from her past and Haatim will become more than just a boy who has lost his faith. Together they will uncover truths and secrets about the demon world.

This book was fast paced, and completely engrossing. From the moment I started reading, I was captivated by Haatim and Abigail’s world. The author uses great details that make you feel as though you are a part of the story. This book is full of action and plot twists that never leave you disappointed, and continuously keep you on the edge of your seat. You will want to turn the next page to read on further. This book is book one out of a series of three. The book’s ending will encourage you to want to read the following two books in the series.

I rate this 4 out of 4 stars. It was a great read and hard to put down. Each page is filled with suspense, leaving you wanting to find out more. I was only a little disappointed when the book ended because it left off on a cliff hanger, but that only makes me want to read the whole series that much more. This book is well written and easy to understand. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to read something filled with action or anyone who is a fan of horror or the supernatural.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like mariakavo88's review? Post a comment saying so!
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

mariakavo88 wrote:I was only a little disappointed when the book ended because it left off on a cliff hanger
Yeah, especially when you consider how short this book actually was it's disappointing not to have a true ending. Felt like the ending of Part I rather than a standalone book.
mariakavo88
Currently Reading: Raven's Fall
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariakavo88.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mariakavo88 »

I know I immediately got the second book and started reading when I finished it. I am someone who needs to know what happened.
Mickiee
Currently Reading: Laiden's Daughter
Bookshelf Size: 55

Post by Mickiee »

I'm am totally enamoured with this book. I'm approximately 2/3 of the way through and what a page turner! I'm scared to get to the end and be sad that the adventure will be over. Thankfully I recently discovered this is the first in a series! Yeahhh!
Romayamalik
Currently Reading: Land of Two Seas
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Romayamalik »

Recommended book for all of us.because it has all in it: horror ,suspence no body left it
Close .while reading .although it is too short .on every point we want to know. What happens next.
Its quite close ...what the reader wants to read.
emmanuel wambua
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by emmanuel wambua »

Abigail is comfortable with the world of the supernatural, and works for a secret organization hunting demons; however, a past incident has left this organization with little trust for her and has therefore placed her in a position of doing menial tasks. Haatim is a recent college graduate who is struggling with his faith after losing his sister. After a chance encounter Haatim is hired to follow Abigail. This leads to a series of strange events and throws Haatim into the supernatural world of demons and near death experiences.
With Abigail saving Haatims life on more than one occasion they are connected by more than they think. Abigail is ordered to investigate a small mountain town by the name of Raven’s Peak and Haatim has no choice but to go along with her. There Abigail will discover some secrets from her past and Haatim will become more than just a boy who has lost his faith. Together they will uncover truths and secrets about the demon world.
This book was fast paced, and completely engrossing. From the moment I started reading, I was captivated by Haatim and Abigail’s world. The author uses great details that make you feel as though you are a part of the story. This book is full of action and plot twists that never leave you disappointed, and continuously keep you on the edge of your seat. You will want to turn the next page to read on further. This book is book one out of a series of three. The book’s ending will encourage you to want to read the following two books in the series.
I rate this 3 out of 4 stars. It was a great read and hard to put down. Each page is filled with suspense, leaving you wanting to find out more. I was only a little disappointed when the book ended because it left off on a cliff hanger, but that only makes me want to read the whole series that much more. This book is well written and easy to understand. I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking to read something filled with action or anyone who is a fan of horror or the supernatural.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”