Official Review: Michael's Passion by Joel Crofoot

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: Michael's Passion by Joel Crofoot

Post by MarisaRose »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Michael's Passion" by Joel Crofoot.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Michael’s Passion (A Series of Angels Book 1) by Joel Crofoot is a paranormal romance focusing on angels and demons. The archangels, Michael and Gabriel, are estranged brothers forced to live an earthly life amongst humans after being cast out of heaven. Unlike his brother, Michael is relatively unfazed by his circumstance; moreover, Michael is rather despondent about most things due to the loss of his true love. A chance encounter between the archangel and a crying demon leads Michael to question everything he has ever known. Will Michael, a demon hunter, form an unlikely alliance with this unusual demon? Or will their actions lead to horrible consequences? Readers beware, this tale is not an accurate depiction of the recognizable biblical figures, but rather a fun fantastical and rather imaginary tale.

Michael’s Passion is a quick and easy read. The relatively fast pace and subtle plot twists easily hold the readers interest. The author skillfully mixes well known angelic lore and familiar names with a unique plot and imaginative secondary characters. Further, Michael and Gabriel, though clearly super-angels, are equally conflicted and have notable weaknesses. I was worried Michael and Gabriel would be typical, untouchable heroes. Luckily, that is not the case; in fact, the complete opposite is true. Michael’s apathetic attitude and Gabriel’s self-deprecating thoughts make the two compelling and entertaining to read about.

The characterization of Jahi, the unusual demon Michael encounters, was by far the best aspect of this book. Jahi is a slave turned demon whore who uses her powers of seduction to steal human souls. Jahi is relatively fed up with her current lifestyle and only sees her job as a means to an end; she easily finds solace in Michael to avoid her abusive superior. Jahi could easily have been drawn as predictable and unimaginative; fortunately, the author does a great job making Jahi not only multi-dimensional, but empowering as well. Forced into an unwanted sex-slave relationship with her superior, Agares, Jahi is happy Michael wants to protect her; however, she is equally cautious about his angel status and wonders about his true intentions. Though the two have clear chemistry, Jahi holds back, not wanting to jump from one type of slavery to another. Jahi’s characterization was realistic and liberating. It was a nice surprise to see the main female have a salacious past but refuse to let that define her. I thoroughly enjoyed that the author refrained from making Jahi just another ‘damsel in distress’ that falls head over heels for the gorgeous, hero-like angel.

Though much of the characterization and plotting is unique, the book is still riddled with allusions to beautiful people and perfectly sculpted muscles as is typical of the genre. On the other hand, the sexual scenes were tastefully written and genuinely added to the plot. Generally speaking, I really have few complaints about this book.

Michael’s Passion is a quick read that many fans of the genre will enjoy. The author expertly combines believable romance with interesting paranormal characters to create a satisfying storyline. This book has a conclusive ending, but many elements are left open, leaving one excitedly anticipating the sequel. Michael's Passion clearly earns 4 out of 4 stars. A quick warning: the book contains mature content including sexual situations and strong language and therefore may not be appropriate for everyone. I would caution those who are easily offended by such matters, especially when they directly involve angels and spiritual teachings, to refrain from reading this book.

Michael's Passion
View: on Bookshelves

Like MarisaRose's review? Post a comment saying so!
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

This is quite an ingenious twist using the archangels Michael and Gabriel in such a convoluted drama. The matching with Jahi, a devil of a whore, creates quite an antithesis of a situation, the resolution of which will be interesting to find out.Looks like this is a totally a complex novel. The review is masterful, as well.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I enjoy a paranormal relationship. Also, I read one of the spin-offs, Ramatal's Vow, and it was a pretty good story. So I'm sure this one will be exciting as well.

Great Review!?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Very intriguing review. I would really like to know the characterization of the archangels, Michael and Gabriel. I enjoyed reading your review. Hope the book is enjoyable too.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Amagine wrote:I enjoy a paranormal relationship. Also, I read one of the spin-offs, Ramatal's Vow, and it was a pretty good story. So I'm sure this one will be exciting as well.

Great Review!?
I'm glad to hear you liked the sequel, I am definitely going to be reading that one next!

-- 17 Apr 2017, 08:34 --
Chrys Brobbey wrote:This is quite an ingenious twist using the archangels Michael and Gabriel in such a convoluted drama. The matching with Jahi, a devil of a whore, creates quite an antithesis of a situation, the resolution of which will be interesting to find out.Looks like this is a totally a complex novel. The review is masterful, as well.
Thank you! :)
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting book with very intriguing character, especially Jahi. I love stories about fallen angels and this seems like a very good one. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Joel Crofoot on such an obviously well written book.
chensea
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by chensea »

I put this in my "want to read section"

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”