Official Review: He Is With You by Ynes Paulino Accilien

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Official Review: He Is With You by Ynes Paulino Accilien

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "He Is With You" by Ynes Paulino Accilien.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

He is With You: Unleash Your Faith and Conquer Your Worst Situations is an inspiring, encouraging and enlightening book written by Ynes Paulino Accilien.

With a foreword by Orlando Moncrieffe, PhD, the book is divided into three parts: Part One: He is with You As You Struggle with Personal Situations; Part Two: He is with You as You Struggle with Social Issues and Part Three: He is with You as You Try to Make Right Choices.

The first part is about personal situations which involve a person’s belief or non-belief in God, his fears, both reasonable and unreasonable, his pain and his loneliness. The second part discusses a person’s issues as he relates with others while the third part is about God’s everlasting love and presence in a person’s life.

Written in engaging narrative, the author passionately talks about how much God loves us despite our sinful nature and that we can rely on his steadfast love for us. The author assures us that we are never alone and that God is with us all the time. All we need is to seek Him and call on Him and treat Him as a friend and accept Him as our savior.

All in all, this is a touching, inspiring and enlightening book. It makes the readers understand their weaknesses as humans and encourage them to trust in God in everything they do. The author shares her own stories, some anecdotes, bible stories and selected biblical verses. By sharing her personal experiences, the author expresses her ardent belief and faith in God and sincerely wants other people to share in that belief and faith so they can experience the same happiness that she, herself, enjoys.

However, there are topics that I believe are put under the wrong part like those under part two but are better put under part one. Moreover, I find the tone of the narration preachy at some points while some explanations are too assuming, therefore, a little subjective (like You already know that I’m right about it). Furthermore, some statements are not backed up by any references like the part about different types of health conditions and various kinds of mental illnesses. Finally, the entire book is teeming with errors, typo errors (like that instead of than), missing words (I tend (to) emphasize), misspelled words (like visceversa instead of vice versa and south instead of sought) and grammatical errors.

This is, basically, a good book about faith and hope in God, and love of God for the humankind. This is an engaging and enlightening book that will touch the hearts of readers. The errors, however, make the book difficult to read, distract the readers and ultimately take away the enjoyment of reading an otherwise very enjoyable book.

I, therefore, rate this book 3 out of 4 stars and I recommend it especially to those who feel alone and afraid as well as those who need reassurance that there is someone out there who loves them and who cares about them, and that someone is God.

He Is With You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kimmyschemy06's review? Post a comment saying so!
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Aimy »

When we put our trust in God, who is in control of everything, we feel relaxed and confident that we are not alone in any situation.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds like with a little bit of tweaking, this could be a good book. The way it is now, I don't think I'd enjoy it. Thanks for the review though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Aimy wrote:When we put our trust in God, who is in control of everything, we feel relaxed and confident that we are not alone in any situation.
So, true :)

-- 11 Apr 2017, 09:57 --
kandscreeley wrote:Sounds like with a little bit of tweaking, this could be a good book. The way it is now, I don't think I'd enjoy it. Thanks for the review though.
You're welcome. The book needs another round of editing.
Chrys Brobbey
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrys-brobbey.html
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis

Post by Chrys Brobbey »

I like the book's cover with some one up giving a hand to someone who is below; that fits the title of the book. The review is thorough, and the author can revise to edit the errors noted to make it a 4 out of 4 stars product.
Latest Review: "Break up with Defeat" by Jermaine Francis
JessicaElaine91
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessicaelaine91.html
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing

Post by JessicaElaine91 »

Book sounds very interesting. I would definitely read it after all grammer is fixed. If they transitioned some sentences though would it cause for more sentences to be added or deleted? I find it hard to just delete or add sentences to writing without having to change several things around.
Latest Review: "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Chrys Brobbey wrote:I like the book's cover with some one up giving a hand to someone who is below; that fits the title of the book. The review is thorough, and the author can revise to edit the errors noted to make it a 4 out of 4 stars product.
Yes, the title is so fitting. Aside from the errors, the book is a good one.

-- 12 Apr 2017, 23:45 --
JessicaElaine91 wrote:Book sounds very interesting. I would definitely read it after all grammer is fixed. If they transitioned some sentences though would it cause for more sentences to be added or deleted? I find it hard to just delete or add sentences to writing without having to change several things around.
I guess not because most of the errors are just typos and misspellings. So, I guess it won't be that difficult to fix. Thanks for the comment and welcome to the forum :)
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Good job on the review! I like the subject matter, too bad about all of the errors. That is always a distraction from the core and/or story of any book.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
kimmyschemy06

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

rssllue wrote:Good job on the review! I like the subject matter, too bad about all of the errors. That is always a distraction from the core and/or story of any book.
Thank you. So true about the errors being a distraction from the story :(
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

You are quite welcome!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”