Official Review: End as an Assassin by Lex Lander

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Official Review: End as an Assassin by Lex Lander

Post by Momlovesbooks »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "End as an Assassin" by Lex Lander.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

End As An Assassin (Andre Warner, Manhunter - Volume 1) by Lex Lander is an action/thriller book. It is the first book in the Andre Warner series, but not the first for this talented author.

Andre Warner is ex-British Secret Service. After a tragedy hits home, he loses his way for awhile. He turns to a life of women and wild living. Then a twist of fate turns him into a professional killer. After many contracts and lots of money later, he wants to retire and settle down to a quiet life. He has one more contract to fulfill. It is an easy hit on a drug lord that goes almost according to plan. After the hit, Andre leaves his previous lifestyle behind and returns to his home in Geneva. He meets a beautiful divorcee, Gina. He's surprised to find himself falling in love when he thought his heart was hardened. He plans on a future with Gina until a disturbing chain of events leads him to one last contract. However, this one will not be for money. He is out for blood.

The author has written a very detailed book with lots of action. He has created believable characters that are well-developed. When I began reading this book, I wondered how I would feel towards the main character being a hired assassin. I shouldn't have doubted! This author developed Andre into a character that tugged on my emotions and evoked my sympathy. His love interest, Gina, is a little more mysterious. However, she is still a strong, female character with many dimensions.

The author is detailed in his descriptions of settings which ranged from Switzerland to Germany. I could tell he thoroughly researched his material. He was also very knowledgeable about aspects relating to a hired-gun's lifestyle, such as fast cars, boats and guns.

The book seemed to be professionally edited. I didn't notice any obvious mistakes that would detract from the overall enjoyment of the book. It ended with a dramatic conclusion that I only began to realize towards the end. The author kept me hooked until the last page.

Based on the above, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is an action-packed adventure with romance and drama mixed in. Anyone enjoying action and romance should give this book a try. I will caution that this is for mature readers, due to some violence and sexual situations. I look forward to reading more books in the Andre Warner, Manhunter series.

End as an Assassin
View: on Bookshelves

Like Momlovesbooks's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I would think it would take quite a talented writer to make you have sympathy for a hired assassin. Sounds pretty intense and exciting. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Emomsalam
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emomsalam.html

Post by Emomsalam »

There is always a hint of excitement when u have a blend of thriller and romance jam-packed with action and especially when the protagonist of this book happens to be an assassin, I can't wait to have myself fully engrossed in such a treat!! Thanks for igniting the interest in me
greenstripedgiraffe
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

You make this sound like a wonderful book find! Love the knowledgeable descriptions of the settings! The story sounds quite exciting. Thanks for the lovely review! :tiphat:
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
MarisaRose
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

Sounds like this book focuses on a unique perspective! I'm intrigued by the premise, I'll have to check this one out. Thanks for the insightful review :)
Scerakor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

This sounds quite interesting. The opposite spectrum from a "Coming of age" type story: a closing out of an era with one last contract. I'm glad to hear it kept you hooked until the end. Thank you for the review.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like one great read with relatable protagonist. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Lex Lander on such an obviously well written book.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”