You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would you?

Discuss the February 2017 Book of the Month, The Diary of an Immortal by David J Castello.
Rocel Mae Oro
Currently Reading: You Drive Me Crazy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: You have been given a choice to become immortal. Would y

Post by Rocel Mae Oro »

If I have been given a choice to become immortal, i would take he opportunity to live longer. I want to witness all of my love-ones happy moments. I want to be with their sides no matter what happen.
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

Rocel Mae Oro wrote:If I have been given a choice to become immortal, i would take he opportunity to live longer. I want to witness all of my love-ones happy moments. I want to be with their sides no matter what happen.

That's a neat way to look at things, but I can see a lot of downsides, too. Everyone you care about would die again and again.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Vips Arora

Post by Vips Arora »

Hi, It completely depends on the situations or time. It changes a lot of things in life. Yes, I was and will b changed. I am watching changes in my personality day by day.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

Lest92 wrote:
gali wrote:
Wasif Ahmed wrote: You'd run out of books. ?
There are too many books for that, and more are coming out every day. :mrgreen:

Same; if in a moment of weakness I picked immortality, I'd want to never run out of books and look 25 forever. But I don't think I'd choose that, even if it means missing out on all the books I could read :(
Well for us book lovers, I think that's the best perk of being an immortal. :D
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
Leuna15

Post by Leuna15 »

Yes, I would. Henceforth, I could spend forever by my man's side whom my world and my heartbeat. Moreover, not just in his paradise which I could spend my time for, as well as my love ones.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

No because I think risk is an important factor in experience. If nothing could kill you, there would be little satisfaction in one's achievements because there was no risk of failure.
Serena_Charlotte
Favorite Author: Neal Shusterman
Currently Reading: The Heads of Cerberus
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serena-charlotte.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
fav_author_id: 2788

Post by Serena_Charlotte »

I would not like to be immortal. I can't stand the thought of everyone dying around me. I feel like people would resent an immortal as well. I'd have to move around, changing my identity. I don't like that.
Where is the line between insanity and creativity?
Is the reality of the world different from how we perceive and experience it in our minds? Does physical reality exist apart from the human mind?
Busybee

Post by Busybee »

Yes, why not. Being immortal means you are not going to die and people or human one enemy is the fear of death. So I will.
Mavovo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mavovo »

Immortal in what sense because an immortal soul is another perspective of immortality, so for that heck yeah!!!! But in the Tuck Everlasting or Vampire way as long as i have a soul it would be weighed as an option, truth is if was meant to be so we would live forever but alas it is not so in this life.
Hafiz khan

Post by Hafiz khan »

Wasif Ahmed wrote:If you were given the choice of not aging beyond a certain point, would you do it?
I am not sure. The idea of becoming immortal does sound interesting but.....

Please share your thoughts on this topic. ?
:roll:

-- 18 Mar 2017, 01:37 --

-- 18 Mar 2017, 01:38 --

It's good choice.
Mavovo
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mavovo »

Immortal in what sense because an immortal soul is another perspective of immortality, so for that heck yeah!!!! But in the Tuck Everlasting or Vampire way as long as i have a soul it would be weighed as an option, truth is if was meant to be so we would live forever but alas it is not so in this life.
swagata sinha

Post by swagata sinha »

yes,i would have superpower to live forever i can seize every moment of my life,without the fear of evil gruesome inevitable death.I would grab every opportunity to make this world a better place to live in.i would do everything i ever imagined to do.If i would become immortal i would make sure every generation know who i am by my work. i know that at certain point i have to see my loved ones die in front of my eyes,that would be the worst day i know but i can make my peace with it.Everybody at some point need to sacrifice to become phenomenal and i am sure my loved ones would wish the same for me. So yeah if i ever get the chance to become immortal i know i have the potential to make this place ideal to live in as imagined by famous poet and nobel prize winner Rabindranath Tagore in his poem "Where the mind is without fear...."
Evenami
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evenami.html

Post by Evenami »

Me I wouldn't allow to become immortal but ok would accept it if my mum has to be
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I think I would. There are so many things to do and places to go in the world that it would take forever to get to everything in one lifetime. Watching everyone die would be horrible, but it's the price you have to pay. I think I would like to live forever.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
EugeniuszMosz

Post by EugeniuszMosz »

So, Santy Clause gives you the option of becoming immortal for Christmas this year, kind of like Dorian Gray, but without the scary painting and satanic involvement. Would you take him up on the offer? There are no super powers or vampirism or anything else involved, just good old fashioned immortality.

Even though I'd be intrigued to see what the next seven or eight hundred years holds, I think I would most likely decline. It would be too hard to see everybody you ever get to know grow old and die and to outlive your own great great grandchildren. Also, I imagine that after a few hundred years, life could get quite tiresome. Heck, you could even crave the sweet embrace of the grave at that point.

-- 20 Mar 2017, 00:47 --

As Queen said, "Who wants to live forever when love must die?"

Plus, life is boring enough. Having to do the same thing for all eternity would be horrible. It'd be like living in the The Bible, Creationism And Prophecy thread on the Christianity forum.

Return to “Discuss "The Diary of an Immortal (1945-1959)" by David J Castello”