Featured Review: A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Featured Review: A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm

Post by Genaaa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm is a young adult book written by an author named Roberto Torres Rivera.

I’m not quite sure what year the book is meant to take place in, but it’s clear that the people Rivera writes about are technologically advanced. A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm is about exactly what it sounds like, a battle for the human realm and a fight for consciousness. The main character is a guy named John Christopher who seemingly has a happy life and a great family at the beginning. However, things change pretty abruptly when he is thrown into a world that is pretty much the polar opposite of his. He finds a mysterious land and it opens his eyes to what’s really going on in the world at the moment, things that no one else knows or notices. The novel is really about him coming to terms with the new knowledge he has found and preparing for the battle that is yet to come. He basically has to relearn everything he once knew. Long story short, he has to step up and be the change the people need, and help take down the controllers. He and a select group of people team up to battle these controllers and take back the conscious thinking that they have taken away. It’s worth noting that while having to manage all of this, he also has to deal with the fact that his dad died in a mysterious freak accident. While reading these pages, you get to watch as his world is slowly turned upside down and everything he once knew is forced to change.

I genuinely really enjoyed reading this book and actually read it all in one day. Once I started, I was determined to keep reading and to go along on the journey that the author has so greatly written. I found it completely entertaining, and packed full of both entertaining events and also a lot of factual information. I think it’s great because it takes something that we have, the technology, and expands on it. It really does make you think about what the world would be like if we were as advanced as the governors from the mysterious land. It’s a lot to rest upon John’s shoulders as he is truly responsible for a huge mission, an end goal per se, that is so much bigger than just him or the governors. Safe to say, John’s life will never be the same.

Like I stated before, the book definitely entices the reader into wanting to know more as it goes along. It is somewhat shorter than most novels that I’m used too. This isn’t a bad thing though as it makes it a great read for any free day. This book seems as though it would appeal to people who are interested in scientific or technical findings. It could also appeal to anyone who just finds it super interesting to imagine what the world would be like if we were way more advanced.

It is, however, a lot to process, so it really helped me to take a couple breaks throughout reading it so that I could process everything. The author provides a lot of technical and scientific information. This is great because it makes it the world seem even more realistic. It could be a slight problem for anyone who may have trouble understanding all of the facts that are provided. Also, there are a lot of characters introduced at one point. This may prove slightly tricky at first because the reader kind of has to keep track of who is who. These downsides don’t really have to be considered a downside though.

Overall, this is a wonderful book and it is extremely well written. I would rate it 4 out of 4 stars, as I think many others would love this book if they gave it a chance. It provides an extremely entertaining tale and provides you with a world that you may even wish you could be a part of. Considering the ending of the book, it appears this is the first in the series. I’m unaware of how many the author has written or intends to write, but I plan on reading the second book. I’m super curious what will happen in the second book and just have to know what’s going to happen next with John Christopher.

A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Genaaa's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It does sound like quite the interesting book. It must have been enjoyable for you to finish it all in one day. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Mollymae
Currently Reading: Beartown
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mollymae.html
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mollymae »

Thanks for your review. The book certainly sounds unique.
Latest Review: "The Intrepid" by Jeff Tellier
jesslywalsh82
Currently Reading: The Eyes of the Setting Sun-
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by jesslywalsh82 »

good read informative
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting book, different in a good way. I may have a little problem keeping tabs of all the characters. Good job on the review. Congratulations to Roberto Torres Rivera on such an obviously well written book.
michelonline29
Favorite Book: The Eurasians
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelonline29.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by michelonline29 »

The book sounds interesting because of the challenges encountered by the character. The review is great, it attracts readers to give it a try to read the book.
"The only source of knowledge is experience" -Albert Einstein
abedsanto
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by abedsanto »

entertaining book with lot of life experiences...
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

Without even reading your review, I was enticed by the title. The title makes it seem like it is going to be a powerful read. I love the idea of the main character being the messiah. The reason for that is because its a great way to write some amazing character development. I love watching characters change over time in a plot.
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I like the review but is this a science fiction book? This may not be first in a series of books. It could be that the author intended the story to be an open-ended story.
Stella28Ella
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Stella28Ella »

Hmmmm.. I like watching and reading about high technology and the universe, how it works and what it's all about. This book you have read and reviewed is an interesting one, I can't wait to read for myself too and be immersed in it. thank you for that insightful review.
MattHogan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MattHogan »

After months of being obsessed with finding clues to his father's murder. John is convinced to take a relaxing trip on his boat unknowing that he was about to set on a journey that would change his life forever.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

Thank you for the amazing review. The title itself sounds very interesting and base on what you have said on your review, this one is a catch. I would really love to read something as extraordinary like this with unique characters, setting and plot.
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
Moniquejm
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 2759">What is and isn't Working for the Alcoholic and Addict</a>
Currently Reading: Small Change
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moniquejm.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by Moniquejm »

Very well written review. It helps me understand the flow of the story. Congrats also to the author.
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
eoduroye
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eoduroye.html

Post by eoduroye »

The author of this book must have a good imagination and an excellent ability to put it into words. This is the type of book I love reading, the type that keeps you in suspense from page one till the last page. After reading this review, I just can't wait to read the book.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Saving human race story is one of the trends today. I love the plot of the story.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”