Official Review: Lost in the fifties by Dennis A. Morris

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Official Review: Lost in the fifties by Dennis A. Morris

Post by stacihunsinger »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lost in the fifties" by Dennis A. Morris.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lost in the Fifties by Dennis A. Morris is a mystery book about a typical American Family off on a summer vacation. Dad (Steven), Mom (Sara), three kids (Seth, Whitney, and Chase), and Grandpa Charlie all on their way to spend quality time together in sunny Arizona. While traveling cross country, the family car breaks down along a deserted stretch of highway miles from civilization. Not knowing what else to do, the family waits to see if anyone happens to drive by and help. After not seeing anyone, Dad and Grandpa decide to try and fix the car as best as they can in hopes of being able to make it to the next town.

Suddenly a wind appears out of seemingly nowhere and to the family’s surprise a road appears that was not there before. Realizing that this maybe there only shot at fixing the car and getting back on the road, the family heads down the road. As they enter the small town, it seems to be a normal deserted old ghost town, but as the family begins to search the town for the much-needed car part, they soon realize that things are not what they appear to be.

Each family member encounters a different aspect of this small unique town and no two-family members experience the same thing. It is almost as if the town knew what each family member is searching for and goes after it. The family learns that in order to get what they need, they must learn to work together. They also learn more about each other along the way.

The book is broken down into three parts, Part One, Two and Three. I found that this was a great way to bring the entire book together. Each part brings a new part of the town, the family and the book together tying it to an unexpected ending.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The reason for this is although I really enjoyed it, there were some grammatical errors throughout the book along with a few things that just did not seem to fit the time frame the book was written in. This book is for anyone who loves a good mystery or a Twilight Zone type of book. This book did have a slow start but did pick up very fast and kept me reading till the end. This was a very intriguing book and not normally what I would read, but I am very glad that I did.

Lost in the fifties
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like stacihunsinger's review? Post a comment saying so!
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

This is a very curious storyline. Sounds like a good movie idea, though! Thank you for the review! Glad you enjoyed the book.
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I feel like I've heard of something like this before as far as the plot, but I'm really not sure where. It sounds really intriguing. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
stacihunsinger
Currently Reading: Defending Jacob
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacihunsinger.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by stacihunsinger »

Sure thing!!
Shreyoshi Sen
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyoshi-sen.html
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Post by Shreyoshi Sen »

Your review has got me to thinking whether it is a horror based novel or some other mystery novel? I would love to read this book in near future. The review is quite intriguing. Very curious to know what happens with the family in the town. Thanks for th e review.
Latest Review: "Lived One Life To Save One Life" by Yong Ho Nam

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”