Official Review: The Transformation of a Lost Soul

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anki-real-reviews.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B00LHLASDU

Official Review: The Transformation of a Lost Soul

Post by Anki_Real_Reviews »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Transformation of a Lost Soul" by Forrest J. Beverly.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Being an admirer of the autobiography and memoir genres, The Transformation of a Lost Soul by Forrest J. Beverly immediately caught my attention. The reason I pick up memoirs is my eagerness to learn life lessons by reading about other people's lives. Trust me, The Transformation of a Lost Soul did not disappoint me in any way. To say that Forrest J. Beverly had a tough childhood would be an understatement of the century. He and his siblings received beatings from his drunken father on a daily basis. His father found his love for alcohol more important than feeding his family, who have been starving for many days. Being born during the days of extreme racism against black people, Forrest witnessed (and was subjected to) many cases of racism. However, instead of going on and on about the ways in which white people let him down, he has shared many incidents where white people went out of their ways to help him. This exhibits his golden heart that has not been stained by the stabs of racism that he received.

Although he did not know at the time, God was always walking with him. He met many loving and kind people throughout his life who pushed him towards a better future. Before you think that this book is all about his hardships, I must mention that he has dedicated a few chapters to some funny incidents that would make the readers of The Transformation of a Lost Soul giggle.

There are many valuable lessons to be extracted from his memoir. His mother, who did not get an opportunity to get an education, was full of wisdom. I found her words more enlightening than that of many educated people. My favorite one is,
If God wanted you to talk more than He wanted you to listen, He would have given you two mouths instead of two ears.
So simple, yet so powerful! Forrest's life is a classic example of the importance of keep on moving even when the days are dark. Although his life has never been easy, he keeps his head held high and legs moving. I am fascinated by his determination and his helping nature. Wherever he found himself in a position to help someone, he offered a helping hand. One day he met a starving kid and introduced him to the manager of The Burger King. He paid the manager in advance and asked him to keep feeding the kid whenever the kid comes. In addition, he asked the manager to call him when the money that he has paid runs out so that he can pay him more.

He has mentioned many times that he is not an author and he never believed that he, of all people, would ever write a book. However, while reading his life journey, I could not, even for a minute, believe that he is not good with words. Read his words that emphasize the need of even the strongest person requiring some care, and tell me if you do not see his excellent hold on words.

"Even the strongest lion in the jungle has a little kitten inside of him longing for some attention."

In spite of the fact that he never believed in God, when he sat down to write his autobiography, he realized that God walked with him throughout his life. This realization is quite moving and I am sure that the readers of The Transformation of a Lost Soul would agree with me. When he closed his book by quoting a poem titled "Footprints in the sand," I was moved to tears.

As much as the author has revealed in this autobiography, I found myself longing to know more about his married life. Not that I want to intrude in all aspects of his personal life, as a reader, I was just curious to know.

Needless to say, I love this book and rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I would recommend The Transformation of a Lost Soul to the readers whose faith is shaken at the moment and who are looking for some words of inspiration. Nevertheless, the readers who simply wish to read an autobiography of a common man, like you and me, would find their thirst quenched by this book.

The Transformation of a Lost Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Barnes and Noble

Like Anki_Real_Reviews's review? Post a comment saying so!
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds interesting. It's not really for me. Thanks for the review though.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
greenstripedgiraffe
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The New Strong-Willed Child
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greenstripedgiraffe.html
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris

Post by greenstripedgiraffe »

This sounds like a powerful story. We need more inspiring life-wisdom like this to be published. Thanks for the review!
"no one down here" --- Up the Down Staircase
Latest Review: Swarm by Guy Morris
Anki_Real_Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55282">The Palace of Illusions</a>
Currently Reading: 2 books same content: You'll Do Anything for Him. You'll Do Anything for Her

greenstripedgiraffe wrote:This sounds like a powerful story. We need more inspiring life-wisdom like this to be published. Thanks for the review!
This is an extremely powerful autobiography. It inspired me to develop a strong faith. Thanks for stopping by :)
"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading." ~William Styron
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I love it already. It sounds like a very interesting and inspiring book. The author seems like a kind and admirable person. Good job on the review. Congratulations to Forrest J. Beverly on such an obviously well written book.
Anki_Real_Reviews

@kimmyschemy06 Oh, he really is! He helped people so much that I felt like, excuse my language, a bum. He knew the pain of being starved and made sure that nobody in his knowledge would go through the same. I am mesmerized by his humane personality.
Vitadolce
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitadolce.html

Post by Vitadolce »

I like this kind of story. Give me inspiration for living.
Tessy Rani Mundakel
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessy-rani-mundakel.html

Post by Tessy Rani Mundakel »

When souls imbued with life´s pains get to hear from those who are bound to inspire , they almost surely find their way back to Life . Looks like I am going to enjoy moving down the pages of this already seeming inspiring work . Thanks for the review !
Maricris
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maricris.html

Post by Maricris »

Wow sounds really nice book I always love this kind of insopiration book that really move into tears. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
Anki_Real_Reviews

Vitadolce wrote:I like this kind of story. Give me inspiration for living.
Then u must grab a copy of this book fast :D

-- 11 Mar 2017, 15:32 --
Tessy Rani Mundakel wrote:When souls imbued with life´s pains get to hear from those who are bound to inspire , they almost surely find their way back to Life . Looks like I am going to enjoy moving down the pages of this already seeming inspiring work . Thanks for the review !
This book is really packed with inspiration :)

-- 11 Mar 2017, 15:34 --
Maricris wrote:Wow sounds really nice book I always love this kind of insopiration book that really move into tears. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:
I love this book because of the manner in which it inspired me to live life and help others. Thanks for reading the review :D

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”