I read 2 books at a time 500 wpm! Jealous?

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Damo Obrigado
Bookshelf Size: 0

Icon I read 2 books at a time 500 wpm! Jealous?

Post by Damo Obrigado »

::humblebrag::

I may not be able to understand all of the nuances or words, per se, but trust me the general ideas are fully absorbed. My name is Damo (not my real name) and I love you all already (mostly some of you). You are all brilliant indigo children, and I am humbled by your ability to look beyond these few insignificant words. Your laser beam intellects slice through my meager vocabulary like frozen dollar store margarine. I ,like so many of you before me, are here mainly to get so much free stuffs. Free Books, Free Boots, Free Booze, Free Boos.. I'm 1000% game.

This community might be my best internet discovery since Dumbo octopi. Please send me a million books so I can ravenously devour them, and I will forever regurgitate my emotions here for all the world to see.

Good day/afternoon/evening sweet kings, queens, gentle sirs, maidens, and any trans-people/animals that I may have missed..

Adieu,

Damo :tiphat:
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
DATo

Post by DATo »

"I read 2 books at a time 500 wpm! Jealous?" - Damo Obrigado

"After taking the Evelyn Woods Reading Dynamics speed reading course I read War And Peace in twenty minutes. ............... It was about Russia." - Woody Allen

*LOL* Welcome Damo ! [:- )
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
czar_17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by czar_17 »

:o I'm happy for you. Hi! I just registered today, and it's been quite a while since I last joined a forum like this. Incidentally, I joined by accident: I was searching something related to Scrabble and got redirected here. Hoping this forum and the members would be helpful in widening my reading and love for books.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Lol DATo! Cute! Welcome and enjoy!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
DennisK
Favorite Author: Ken Follett
Currently Reading: Light in August
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dennisk.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
fav_author_id: 3559

Post by DennisK »

Wow - what a splash of color! Welcome to the forum.
Damo Obrigado

Post by Damo Obrigado »

DATo wrote:"I read 2 books at a time 500 wpm! Jealous?" - Damo Obrigado

"After taking the Evelyn Woods Reading Dynamics speed reading course I read War And Peace in twenty minutes. ............... It was about Russia." - Woody Allen

*LOL* Welcome Damo ! [:- )
OMG DATo, Steven Wright and Woody Allen are my heroes too!

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met. :|

Sex without love is an empty experience, but as empty experiences go it’s one of the best. :roll2:

-- 04 Mar 2017, 16:22 --
czar_17 wrote::o I'm happy for you. Hi! I just registered today, and it's been quite a while since I last joined a forum like this. Incidentally, I joined by accident: I was searching something related to Scrabble and got redirected here. Hoping this forum and the members would be helpful in widening my reading and love for books.
I'll get the retractors.. open wide!

- Damo

Return to “Introductions”