Official Review: Money Intelligence by Susan Wahhab

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Official Review: Money Intelligence by Susan Wahhab

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Money Intelligence" by Susan Wahhab.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Money Intelligence by Susan Wahhab is a financial self-help book. It’s purpose is to help people change their mindset from a Consumerholic into an Investorgetic by developing Winner Partnerships. Throughout the book, the author shares her parent's story in the Palestinian city of Ramallah. She describes their financial situation and the key points that helped her parents succeed in business and life.

The author has over 20 years of experience as a financial strategist in Australia. As such, she is more than qualified to give excellent financial advice. In this book, she shares several of her clients’ stories. These stories show exactly how they were able to make small adjustments in their life to yield big results. That is something I believe readers will find useful.

This book turned out to be a poor fit for me. While I enjoy learning about money management, my situation is very different than the average Australian (or American). Making financial investments is something that I know absolutely nothing about and I was often lost in the numbers. The author mentions several times that she is a numbers person which is a very good thing for her business. However, because I am not mathematically inclined, it was hard for me to understand certain parts of the book.

The author's personal story is inspiring and fascinating. I loved seeing how her parents made changes and worked hard to overcome every obstacle in their way. Her mother is an incredibly strong woman who managed the finances for their business and ran a shop in a patriarchal society. She defied cultural norms to make a better life for her children which is something to be applauded.

The information in this book is solid, but the presentation is a little overwhelming. The author offers list after list of financial advice making it impossible for me to keep up. I think the book is trying to solve too many problems at once, causing an information overload. It feels somewhat disjointed between telling her parent’s story, offering advice, and sharing different client cases.

I struggled with how to rate this book. It is well written (I only noticed two grammatical errors) and offers great advice. However, the sheer volume of information makes it extremely difficult to process. For that reason I have decided to give it 2 out of 4 stars. Sometimes keeping it simple is better than covering every aspect of a subject. For people who want to learn why and how they can invest, this book is a good place to start. The author's personal story is certainly motivating and the advice she gives is sound.

Money Intelligence
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rachaelamb1's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Good review. I consider myself to be fairly good with my money, but I feel I would get lost in all the information as well. I don't think I will read it, but I know some out there would love that. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rachaelamb1

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Thank you for the compliment!
edlyndonato01
Currently Reading: Kushiel Dart
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by edlyndonato01 »

Although I'm a marketing management student this books give ideas in investing. but there's some point in the story that me as I marketing student don't particularized point of that part.
the information of this is actually good for the people who struggling in money.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

That was a very honest review. Though I'm not an impulsive buyer myself I'm not at all business minded, so I think this book may be helpful to me. However, I might easily get overwhelmed by the information. Good job on the review.
Elaine5
Currently Reading: Great Expectations
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elaine5.html
Latest Review: "The pact with the Devil" by Robert J. DeLuca

Post by Elaine5 »

Great review. While the personal stories appeal to me, it doesn't sound like the "every person" kind of guidance that I might find useful. When it comes to money and investing I am easily overwhelmed. I think I'll skip this one.
Latest Review: "The pact with the Devil" by Robert J. DeLuca
Ruby15
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Ruby15 »

wow nyc quote
Rachaelamb1

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Elaine5 wrote:Great review. While the personal stories appeal to me, it doesn't sound like the "every person" kind of guidance that I might find useful. When it comes to money and investing I am easily overwhelmed. I think I'll skip this one.
Yes, the personal stories were fantastic. Like you I am lost when it comes to investing.
Immaculata Uduma
Currently Reading: Mark of the Remaker
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculata-uduma.html

Post by Immaculata Uduma »

Genuine review.Sometime when it comes to money management,it sounds as if it is not important.Money management is as important as any other resource management.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”