Official Review: Ready or not, Here HE Comes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html
Latest Review: "Dragon Born" by Ela Lourenco

Official Review: Ready or not, Here HE Comes

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ready or not, Here HE Comes" by Harris F. Allen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ready or not, Here HE Comes by Harris F. Allen is a Christian non-fiction book. In this book, the author aims to correct misconceptions about several mainstream beliefs held by Christians. It discusses issues like, what happens after death, the Trinity, and pagan holidays. Additionally, this book takes an in-depth look at biblical prophecy found in the books of Daniel and Revelation to help readers understand what to expect before, during, and after Christ’s return.

I am usually hesitant to read a book where the author claims to have “new” truths about the Bible. As a Christian, I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God so I hate to see someone try to twist it to fit their own agenda. Thankfully that is not the case with this book. While the ideas contained in this book are certainly controversial, they do not (to my knowledge) contradict scripture. The author has done his research and presents his case very well while still leaving room for you to make up your own mind. In fact, he encourages you to do your own research which is something I found refreshing.

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book. That is not to say it is an easy read. I found it both fascinating and a little painful because it challenges some deeply held beliefs of mine. I think that is a good thing. I definitely want to do some more research about what I have learned. I do not think I can only look at these issues from one man’s perspective and instantly change what I believe. However, he has brought up many valid points that I can not reasonably dispute.

My favorite part of this book is the explanation of biblical prophecy. I have read several books about end times, but I feel like this one has given me a much better understanding of Revelation than the other books. Many prophetic explanations are little more than speculation. In this book, the author focuses on understanding the meaning behind the symbols given in Daniel and Revelation rather than the symbols themselves. For me, that is much more important.

I had some difficulty getting into the book in the beginning. The first 100 pages feels like an introduction. The author spends a lot of time explaining what he will talk about later on which slows down the pace. I also think the book could be organized better. It jumps around quite a bit and I often found myself wondering how certain parts tied into the book as a whole. I almost think it would be better separated into two different books.

My rating for Ready or not, Here HE Comes is 3 out of 4 stars. The content is certainly worth reading, especially for Christians. The only reason I am not giving it 4 stars is because of the organization issue. Aside from a typo or two, the book has been edited well. I just wish it was more clear and concise. However, I still highly recommend it to Christians who like to be challenged in their understanding of the Bible or who want to understand the book of Revelation better.

Ready or not, Here HE Comes
View: on Bookshelves

Like Rachaelamb1's review? Post a comment saying so!
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

Great review! It sounds like this book could benefit from the keen eye of a good editor to fix the organizational issues. I too am hesitant to pick up a book with "new" theology and was relieved to see this book doesn't fall into any of those tired traps.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds very interesting. I, myself, am wary of books claiming to have “new” truths about the Bible, good thing that is not the case in this book. Great job on the review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Yes, I am also wary of people sprouting "new" theologies or truths. Glad to see that the author doesn't do that or try to pick a specific date for anything! Sounds interesting. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Rachaelamb1
Favorite Author: CS Lewis
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... onwitch</a>
Currently Reading: Falling Star
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachaelamb1.html

Post by Rachaelamb1 »

Thank you all for the kind comments! I was happy to see that the author is genuine and truly searching scripture for truth. Definitely worth reading!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”