How to share my published review on other websites?Help

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

How to share my published review on other websites?Help

Post by The Researcher »

Hi. I got my review published recently and was requested by the author to share it on other websites like amazon, goodreads etc. Can anybody guide me how to do that here. I have to paste the URL or the full review should be copied and pasted. Please tell in details. Thank You
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

The Researcher wrote:Hi. I got my review published recently and was requested by the author to share it on other websites like amazon, goodreads etc. Can anybody guide me how to do that here. I have to paste the URL or the full review should be copied and pasted. Please tell in details. Thank You
From what I understand from the Reviewer Guidelines that is not allowed. You could post a link to your OBC review using its URL. You might also send a message to Scott asking for permission since the author has asked you to share. Copied below is the information from the guidelines regarding this:

The review must be original, meaning you cannot plagiarize part or all of it. The review is exclusive to OnlineBookClub.org, meaning you cannot post it on another website. If you have a blog or personal website, we hope you post a link to the review on your website, or you can feel free to write a different review of the book on your website, or summarize the review in different words on your website. Reviews will be checked for plagiarism or violations of the exclusivity agreement, and violations will result in being booted from the program and revocation of any payments. Please note, you are being given a book for free that is normally sold for a price (and in some cases being given an additional monetary payment) in exchange for writing the review and giving it exclusively to OnlineBookClub.org, and we may have specific arrangements with the author/publisher regarding when, if ever, and in what ways we will publish the review, which is why it is important that this system isn't undermined by the review being something that is already published elsewhere whether because it was plagiarized illegally or because it has been distributed in violation of this agreement. If you really want to publish the review elsewhere such as on a personal blog, you can contact me after it has been published publicly here for permission to be exempt from the exclusivity agreement which I will generally be happy to give, especially provided you link back to the original posting of the review.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

:text-yeahthat:
Authors should contact Scott in regards to any off-site use of official reviews.
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”