Official Review: The Beauty of the Fall by Rich Marcello

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: The Beauty of the Fall by Rich Marcello

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Beauty of the Fall" by Rich Marcello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Every once in a while, we get to read books that would change how we see life. Rich Marcello brought such change in his literary fiction novel, The Beauty of the Fall. It explores ponderous issues such as overcoming grief, gender-based violence, and fighting one’s demons.

The book introduces us to the life of Daniel Underlight. After his divorce and his only son’s death (which he blamed himself for), he threw himself to work. He was in grief and he depended on his job to erase the pain. When his friend and RadioRadio co-founder, Olivia Whitmore, fired him, he thought his life was over. The only one he had to rely on was Willow. She was a poet, a women's rights campaigner, and Dan's closest friend. With her help, Dan found meaning in life again. He decided to visit the headquarters of the Fortune 500 companies across America. His visits and experiences helped him shape his start-up idea.

Dan recruited three former associates and started ConversationWorks. The company enabled real-time conversations of people in a virtual conference room. People could talk about solving substantial problems in the world. In a way, the company helped foster social change on a global scale. ConversationWorks, or CW, garnered initial successes after its launch. Yet, it also attracted enemies, with Olivia in the lead.

The Beauty of the Fall was an insightful and intellectual read. Dan’s team often talked about the possible benefits and drawbacks of their actions. Additionally, the poems in the book were heart-warming. Willow was a poet and she was the source of most of the poems in the book. Dan used those poems as inspiration and guidance when making critical decisions. The author put together an awesome set of characters.

Maggie, Charles, Zia, and Willow were the perfect set of friends for someone like Dan. They had varied perspectives when it comes to deciding what’s best for CW. They argue and voice out their concerns. In the end, they based their final decisions on the code of conduct that Dan made for the company. Plus, they never forget to listen to their employees. They were busy executives, but they care about their employees and consumers. They’re not difficult to love at all.

There are also profound lessons that readers could glean from the book. Anything I say here might spoil it for the readers. Instead, I will share my favorite line in the book: "Everything is emerging exactly as it needs to." While Dan did not understand this at first, he learned what it meant as the story progressed.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading The Beauty of the Fall. There were no grammatical or typographical errors so it did not disrupt my reading. There was moderation in the flow of the story: there were time skips, but it was minimal. Be warned though that some form of self-harming is present in the book. It was not graphic, but some readers may find it a bit disturbing.

With all these things in consideration, I give The Beauty of the Fall 4 out of 4 stars. This is for readers who love an intellectual read with profound life lessons and a host of inspiring characters.

The Beauty of the Fall
View: on Bookshelves

Like ellieonline03's review? Post a comment saying so!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Interesting. This isn't my usual genre, but it does sound really intriguing. I love good characters in a book, and it sounds like these are. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

kandscreeley wrote:Interesting. This isn't my usual genre, but it does sound really intriguing. I love good characters in a book, and it sounds like these are. Thanks for the review.
Thank you, kandscreeley. I was also doubtful when I first chose this to review. I'm not a fan of the genre, but I sometimes read books from other genres. This one did not disappoint me. It's a great book.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a great read. It seems like an inspiring and encouraging book with delightful characters. I think I'm going to enjoy this one. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Rich Marcello on such an obviously well written book.
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like a great read. It seems like an inspiring and encouraging book with delightful characters. I think I'm going to enjoy this one. Great job on the review. Congratulations to Rich Marcello on such an obviously well written book.
Thank you, kimmyschemy06! It's really an inspiring and encouraging book. Plus, you'll love the characters.
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

This book doesn't sound like anything I've read before. I'm curious to know how some of their problem-solving conversations went. Seems like a really interesting book. Thanks for the thorough review and congrats to the author on a positive review!
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

ashley_claire wrote:This book doesn't sound like anything I've read before. I'm curious to know how some of their problem-solving conversations went. Seems like a really interesting book. Thanks for the thorough review and congrats to the author on a positive review!
Thank you, ashley_claire! It's a very intellectual read. Yo get to see many perspectives on a particular subject matter. Just like in real life, people have different views and opinions on a certain topic.
Robert2017
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Robert2017 »

This book is great and it makes someone know that there"s no fall in life,thanks for positive review
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Thank you, Robert2017! It is indeed a beautiful book. The book teaches us that even if we stumble or fall in our life's journey, there is still hope. Plus you get to have life lessons. That's a win-win situation for anyone. :)
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

Nice review! It doesn't sound like it's one of my normal go-to genres, but it does sound interesting. It's always nice to read a well written book that doesn't contain any sort of errors.
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

Thank you, Acwoolet! Do read this book if you have time. It's a beautiful story.
Marquhette
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Marquhette »

Thank you for the review - does seem like an inspiring book to read
sheen khan

Post by sheen khan »

Thank you for such a detailed review ellieonline03, it dose sound very interesting. It's always nice to read a well written book that doesn't contain any sort of errors.
SAMMONI
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammoni.html

Post by SAMMONI »

It much interesting book that captures the life history of Daniel Underlight and his family. I love this book for the content it contains.
Masinde
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-masinde.html

Post by Masinde »

Good review.It really inspires one to also go for the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”