What Type Of Magic User Would You Be?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Re: What Type Of Magic User Would You Be?

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

Erynn's adventure is breathe taking. Well, I want to be a wizard. A guided wizard that is, with good heart. With this, I could also help my people by redirecting them to a better future.
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi
Lady Countryrose
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-countryrose.html

Post by Lady Countryrose »

I think I would go for natural magic, something I have heard about Druids or Shomans use. To be apart of the earth and the elements. That would be something.
animatedwolf3432
Currently Reading: Too Far
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animatedwolf3432.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper

Post by animatedwolf3432 »

I would love to be a Fire Witch! I know I'd have to be born one, but Tamara was absolutely stunning. I loved her spirit, and her connection with the Sun Goddess. Having an affinity for fire is dazzling! Not only physical fire, but the inner flame of everything in the world.

So yes, I would be a fire witch for sure!
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Erik »

I have always had the instincts of a showman, so I suppose I'd choose something like Magician.. plus, I'd quite like the ability to vanish at will in a handy puff of smoke, become and remain invisible whenever it suited me, and teleport myself from one place to another.
The funny thing is that I used to be quite good at minor magic tricks like palming small items and making them appear and disappear. Those tricks were a grand way to liven up a dull office meeting and became perfect for creative torment of coworkers.
Swiftmover07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swiftmover07.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Swiftmover07 »

It would be awesome to be a wizard! Who wouldn't want to practice magic. I mean it's quite literally everyones childhood dream! Ah that would just be awesome
Goodnight sweet prince, may flights of devils wing you to your rest. - Anne Rice
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

littlefrog wrote:I think I would like the magic of a healer. Of course, as a nurse that appeals to me the most. How great that would be to be able to heal someone by just touching them, to be able to look inside the body. My favorite healing was when Eric healed the wounded eye, he was able to look inside and create a mirror image.

I would like to be a healer as well.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
shibaburt
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shibaburt.html

Post by shibaburt »

I would say a wizard, because of all the magic that you get. You could save people, and that would be very useful.
mewsmash
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mewsmash.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by mewsmash »

I would love to use healer magic. I've always dreamed of being an emergency room surgeon, and being a healer would make me the best doctor of all!
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
cjohns105
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjohns105.html
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali

Post by cjohns105 »

I would appreciate the structure that is present as a Magician, and I like to keep myself as informed as possible meaning I would want to absorb all the information that I could get my hands on. However, I know myself well enough to realize that if I gave into the comfort and security of all that structure, I wouldn't grow the way I could as a wizard. I like being a problem solver and thinking outside the box, and I think the only way that would be okay for me to do is as a wizard, even if it were more difficult for me at the same time. What a good question.
Latest Review: "The bible's last message to a dying world" by Khurshid ali
Corybarclay
Currently Reading: Warbreaker
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corybarclay.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by Corybarclay »

Being a wizard would be cool, if it means throwing out fireballs and stuff, though I don't know when I would use that particular ability. I'm sure it would come in handy at some point in life.

Being a necromancer and raising the dead would be cool, too. I'd love to have an army of undead minions! I used to play Warhammer, and those were my dudes.

Ultimately, I think being a healer would be most gratifying. Being able to cure sickness and the unhealthy would go a long way towards living a selfless, accomplished life ^_^.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

I will also want to be a wizard with special spell casting abilities, time travel abilities and flying abilities :lol:
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SandraTWP-BRW »

Oh, wizard, definitely. There's a lot of value in form and structure, and they have their place. But I am drawn to the idea of a more independent and personalized magical practice.
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I think I would be a magician. I would need a structured plan and schooling on how to perform my magic. I don't consider myself to be super creative so I probably wouldn't be able to do anything too fantastic.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
needmoresleep
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-needmoresleep.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by needmoresleep »

Randomgold wrote:In the world Eric goes to, there are multiple types of magic users, each with their own way of doing things. And there's a lot of them. More than we originally think there are, that's for sure. So, if you could choose to be any one of them, which would it be?

For me, it would probably be magician. I would probably do better with a more structured environment that a stable education provides. With mundane things I can get a bit creative, but I just don't have a head for experimentation and trial and error and the like. It would probably go badly if I tried. So yeah, a good formal education to be a magician would be best for me I think.
The world Eric goes to? What book is that?

Also, I've always loved fire magic so I think I'd like that xD though honestly idk what kinds of magic users there are?
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I think I'll like to be an oracle, because having some understanding of what's about to happen, seems like a great power to have.

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”