Official Review: The Price of Justice by Vincent S. Green

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: The Price of Justice by Vincent S. Green

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Price of Justice" by Vincent S. Green.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How much does one pay before justice is served?

The wife of Commanding General Harris was murdered. Her head was severed and the Arabic word for “dust” was written in blood near the body. Moreover, the crime was committed inside their house in Fort Leavenworth, Kansas. Many speculated that the murder was an act of terrorism. A few days after the murder, a judge got arrested and charged with rape and murder of Bunny Harris.

Atty. Jack Garrett, a former Special Ops soldier, is on reserve duty at Fort Leavenworth. He plans to spend more time with his son as soon as he finishes there. His plans changed when he was dragged into the high-profile murder case. He reluctantly worked with the beautiful Cameron Wells as defense counsel. One thing led to another and the harmless trial turned into a deadly trap. Jack wants to find the truth but his life, as well as the lives of the people close to him, is in grave danger.

Vincent S. Green’s The Price of Justice is a fast-paced military legal thriller. The story had an interesting plot. The addition of the military spin was good. The deadly weapon developed by the army made me think if it existed or not. It felt like I saw a darker side of how the army works when it comes to covering up their secrets. By the time I finished reading, I had stacked a lot of conspiracy theories in my head already. There were many unexpected twists, too, especially the one at the end. Just when I thought everything was said and done, another plot twist happened. I could not count how many times I tried to guess the outcome whenever Jack Garrett is in trouble. I guessed right on some, but most of the time my guesses were wrong. In a way, that unpredictability made me like the book more.

What troubled me was the fact that some parts of the book felt rushed. For example, I felt cheated with how DOA “disappeared.” DOA was Jack’s client and best friend. That scene built up a lot of suspense but the end result happened abruptly. I had to read the whole scene again to digest what had transpired. It was a bit disappointing, to be honest. Additionally, there were fewer courtroom scenes than I expected. These scenes were also too short for my liking.

The Price of Justice is a compelling read. Thus, I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book would be a good match for readers of murder mystery and legal thriller. The book does contain explicit sex so I don’t recommend it to sensitive readers.

The Price of Justice
View: on Bookshelves

Like ellieonline03's review? Post a comment saying so!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Nice, insightful review. I like when a plot is unpredictable and makes me build up different theories in my head! Glad you enjoyed the book despite the rushed feel in certain parts.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

bookowlie wrote:Nice, insightful review. I like when a plot is unpredictable and makes me build up different theories in my head! Glad you enjoyed the book despite the rushed feel in certain parts.
Thank you, bookowlie! It is a good book despite the rushed part. I just feel that given more time, the author could have made this book better than it is now. :)
SAMARJEET+1994
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by SAMARJEET+1994 »

"the matter remain applaud when suspension arise.
love it,the price of justice.
needed more suspension as for concern methodology.
crippling the matter with interesting bow,hope to be making crook blat."
writer need to know the blood vein of reader as per 360 degree for that so hollow first then catch up the box-neuron.
eeeeh great but need tripling the shame-crook.
TRAPIT-SAMAR.

-- 17 Jan 2017, 09:02 --

"the matter remain applaud when suspension arise.
love it,the price of justice.
needed more suspension as for concern methodology.
crippling the matter with interesting bow,hope to be making crook blat."
writer need to know the blood vein of reader as per 360 degree for that so hollow first then catch up the box-neuron.
eeeeh great but need tripling the shame-crook.
TRAPIT-SAMAR.
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like a very interesting and unpredictable story. But just like you, I prefer everything to be neatly tied up. Great job on the review.
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

kimmyschemy06 wrote:Sounds like a very interesting and unpredictable story. But just like you, I prefer everything to be neatly tied up. Great job on the review.
Thank you, kimmyschemy06!
ReadingGoddess_1
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinggoddess-1.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by ReadingGoddess_1 »

Amazing review! I'm going to add this to my booklist right away! Thank you for your review!
Ellie Gatillo
Currently Reading:

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

ReadingGoddess_1 wrote:Amazing review! I'm going to add this to my booklist right away! Thank you for your review!
Thank you, ReadingGoddess_1! It does have some slow parts so just be patient with this book. The twists make up for it.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”