Official Review: Fantasy for Real by Claire S Crawford

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Fantasy for Real by Claire S Crawford

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fantasy for Real" by Claire S Crawford.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fantasy for Real by Claire S. Crawford is book number one in the Ruth and Adam series, and was published in 2016. Although this story is categorized as romance, I would say it is more like border-line erotica. Crawford is known to write raunchy books that are fast-paced, which describes Fantasy for Real perfectly, as it’s barely over 100 pages.

Ruth Darcy grew up in a strict home in a small town. Her parent’s expectations regarding what her life should be was to find a wealthy husband, have a few children, and spend her days at home as a mother and wife. Relentless to find her own way, Ruth moves to the big city in hopes of achieving her own dreams. Ruth’s goal is to eventually open her own affordable and classy boutique, but in order to achieve her dream, Ruth must first find a job to start up her savings plan.

While having drinks with her best friend/roommate, Ruth can’t stop herself from staring at the most attractive man she has ever laid eyes on. Across the bar, Adam Grace is also stealing glances at the beautiful and obviously shy Ruth. When a spur of the moment decision causes Ruth to approach Adam, the two hit things off immediately and leave for a night ride on his motorcycle. After a night of raunchy passion, Ruth has her expectations set high that she has met someone memorable.

Life seems to have different plans for Ruth, as anything that could possibly get in the way between her and Adam does, leaving her wondering if it was only one night of fun and nothing more. When doubt starts to creep in, Ruth is left wondering who this man really is. Why does he only respond back when it seems convenient for him? is he really into her, or was this just his way of picking up women? Was he only using her for the one night of fun?

Aside from Adam, one of the other featured secondary characters is Jen, Ruth’s roommate and best friend since childhood. Jen proves to be a great friend by offering Ruth the best necessary advice she can, and also a place to stay until she is able to afford a home of her own.

Fantasy for Real was a light and enjoyable read, which I easily finished in one sitting. The only complaint I had with the story was the lack of believable conversation. Most of the dialogue, especially between Adam and Ruth, seemed a bit unrealistic. Said to be shy and introverted, Ruth definitely seemed a bit too outspoken for her character’s personality. I found no grammatical errors while reading, which is always a plus. The writing style of Fantasy for Real was fast-paced, engaging, and smooth, which is what one would expect with a raunchy romance novel. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, and am looking forward to what book two should offer. The first book left off with a cliff hanger, but with book two having already been released, it’s easy to continue the next book in the series, which I plan to do. I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy a light romance read, but also for those who do not mind a bit of eroticism. Because of the detailed sexual activity, I would only recommend this book for mature readers.

Fantasy for Real
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like klbradley's review? Post a comment saying so!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

I like romance books, but I think I'll pass on this one. I don't like reading series or books with cliffhangers! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this one though! Thank You for the great review!
Kourtney Bradley

AA1495 wrote:I like romance books, but I think I'll pass on this one. I don't like reading series or books with cliffhangers! I'm glad you enjoyed reading this one though! Thank You for the great review!
Thank you!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Great review! The title made me think the book would be about a fantasy man that came to life. :) It's too bad the dialogue isn't consistent with the characters' personalities. The plot sounds interesting even though I don't like cliffhangers at the end of a story.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
Kourtney Bradley

bookowlie wrote:Great review! The title made me think the book would be about a fantasy man that came to life. :) It's too bad the dialogue isn't consistent with the characters' personalities. The plot sounds interesting even though I don't like cliffhangers at the end of a story.
Thank you! I'm not a fan of cliffhangers either, because I usually have to interrupt my reading schedule to find the next book!
:)
–Vera Nazarian
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

I think cliffhangers are usually a gimmick to get readers to buy the next book. Sometimes I will like a story, but not enough to want to read the next installment.
Kourtney Bradley

bookowlie wrote:I think cliffhangers are usually a gimmick to get readers to buy the next book. Sometimes I will like a story, but not enough to want to read the next installment.
Great point.
I have actually wondered before how many authors write their books, and then break them in half with a big cliff hanger for that exact reason.
–Vera Nazarian
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

I never thought of it that way. It reminds me of cliffhangers put in TV shows, so that you will tune in next week.
Kourtney Bradley

:o :o
I don't know if I'll ever be able to read a sequel again...
–Vera Nazarian
bookowlie

Post by bookowlie »

:)
I still am a sucker for TV cliffhangers.
K8Tea
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by K8Tea »

That was a good review. Short and to the point. I'm okay with cliffhangers as long as it is stated upfront. Then I can choose whether or not I want to invest my time in the series.
Kourtney Bradley

Thank you!
–Vera Nazarian

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”