Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
crlanei
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crlanei.html

Re: Which do you read faster - an e-book or paperback?

Post by crlanei »

erasmus wrote:I've never really like e-books, so I always take my time with them. I sometimes can take about a week to finish an e-book compared to a paperback, which only takes me about 3 days on average to finish.
With a physical book I find that I am a bit faster because once I get toward the middle and can see that I'm getting closer to the end I'll start rushing through the book. With an ebook I find that I take my time and allow myself to get lost in the page a bit more. Not sure which is better in that sense.
QuothTheRaven
Currently Reading: Night School
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quoththeraven.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by QuothTheRaven »

crlanei wrote:
erasmus wrote:I've never really like e-books, so I always take my time with them. I sometimes can take about a week to finish an e-book compared to a paperback, which only takes me about 3 days on average to finish.
With a physical book I find that I am a bit faster because once I get toward the middle and can see that I'm getting closer to the end I'll start rushing through the book. With an ebook I find that I take my time and allow myself to get lost in the page a bit more. Not sure which is better in that sense.
I feel the same way in regards to my reading habits and went 100% digital about 2 years ago. Another reason is because I enjoy having my library always with me!
Bhayes90

Post by Bhayes90 »

Honestly I love the feel of a book and flipping through the pages, and covering up with my blanket. However when I'm on the go at work, in the truck, or in a hotel room I love that an ebook is conveniently at my fingertips and I don't need to worry about where I'm going to put that book when it's done.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I think I read them about the same.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
heymissmeia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heymissmeia.html

Post by heymissmeia »

I'm more into e-books than paperbacks for it's more convenient and cheaper (I guess?). But I want to change my reading pace on paperbacks for I am limiting myself to e-books hopefully.
Brittany Hamilton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brittany-hamilton.html

Post by Brittany Hamilton »

Up until two years ago, I was a strong supporter of physical books. I believed that e-readers were horrible. That was until my boyfriend let me use his Kindle. Now, I can't stand actual books. I still have many books carefully packaged in storage, but I read so much more now with my Kindle. For me, the books are easier to read and there are so many available. I don't have to wait to go to the bookstore to purchase another book. I can begin reading the next one instantly.
Jamita71

Post by Jamita71 »

I read real books faster but I also read books on my tablet on the nook app I share the account with my aunt so free books are free books :)
Kdsfae84
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdsfae84.html

Post by Kdsfae84 »

Honestly I feel like I read them both about the same although with ebook it is easy to skip over pages.
easy_dc13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-easy-dc13.html
Latest Review: A Trace of Revenge by Lyle Howard

Post by easy_dc13 »

I read fast on anything, that's what I've observed. It just comes naturally for me. E-book or paperback, no problem whatsoever.
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

Paperback without a doubt.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Well, I read at the same pace for each. However, I'm sure I finish e-books faster, because I can take them and read them ANYWHERE. I've been known to read while waiting for a concert to start if it's a good book.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Malone_01

Post by Malone_01 »

I don't really see much of a difference, however I do prefer a paperback. I find reading electronically to be a bit awkward, plus I just like having a book in my hands.
Shermac21
Currently Reading: 30 Pieces of Silver
Bookshelf Size: 259
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shermac21.html

Post by Shermac21 »

No difference. If I read electronically I use my kindle Paperwhite. Lot less strain on my eyes that backlite devices.
Bookwrm2095
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwrm2095.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bookwrm2095 »

I suppose paperback; I am old fashioned and reading anything digitally tends to distract me.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
mewsmash
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mewsmash.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by mewsmash »

Even though I greatly prefer paperbacks, I read much faster in the electronic format for whatever reason.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”