You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
JKreviews
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jkreviews.html

Re: You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Post by JKreviews »

Panic, and probably haunt my family in the shadows, aching to be with them but too terrified I will feed on them if I get too close!
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

If I ever wake up one day as a vampire, I'm pretty sure I'd be freaking out. Being a vampire would mean that other monsters are real, too. After freaking out, I'd do what Eric did with Travis -- experiment and test my limits. I think that would help me accept what I had already become. Knowing this should help me survive if I ever get attacked by other monsters.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
mnmorris11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnmorris11.html

Post by mnmorris11 »

Well since I don't drink that would never happen to me. Yet if it did I would absolutely panic and run screaming and crying from the room. After I have regained my composure, I guess I would want to know what the heck happened.
rcoursey00

Post by rcoursey00 »

:roll: As with all my decisions or with anything that happens in my life I would opt to panic first then go through a whole stages of grief type of deal. I imagine after a night of partying though my first thought wouldn't be that I had been turned into a vampire but that maybe I was just experiencing some wicked hangover. As soon as I did discover there was something seriously wrong and that I wasn't experiencing the hangover of my life but it was the next best explanation: I was a vampire, then yeah let the panic ensue. I would rethink and subsequently overthink the entirety of my existence (no big deal), and worry about becoming a monster and hurting my family. But if I ever did manage to get the vampire aspect of who I was under control then yes I would definitely not waste the benefits...
Bare Necessities
Currently Reading: Empire of Storms
Bookshelf Size: 164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bare-necessities.html

Post by Bare Necessities »

Definitely panic. The prospect and fandom of vampires never stuck to me and I don't find them interesting, enjoyable or likable. Also, I would definitely miss the feel of warm sunlight, or going outside during the day.
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

Since I have a terrible fear of death, I wouldn't mind the immortal aspect of being a vampire. Nevertheless, I would probably panic. As someone else posted, I would be very nervous about what would happen to my family. Also, to now have the responsibility of helping people die (like terminally ill patients) - that would be stressful.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
Jackie01
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackie01.html

Post by Jackie01 »

Panic at first, then, as I learn my abilities, party hard.
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Thimble »

Like many others, I don't drink or do one-night stands, but if I happened to wake up a vampire one day I don't think I would panic. I'd try to figure out what kind of vampire I am and then minimize the damage to others.
I'd use my time to travel, find interesting work, and help others from the shadows. Maybe I could find a way to cure cancer or genetic disorders. I'd also learn every language I could. So, nerd party! :techie-studyinggray:
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
katiejp83

Post by katiejp83 »

Once I had finished panicing, I think I would do useful things like learn to lay piano, try new languages. Find the time to finish reading all my unread books.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 790
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

Oh, I like that idea. A vampire would have time to read all the books, see all the museums, hear all the concerts, that he or she wished.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Youmnah4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youmnah4.html

Post by Youmnah4 »

I think that I'll panic for about 5-10 minutes. I'll probably be super happy afterwards. It's the whole idea of immortality and being invincible that entices me. And regarding a previous post, I completely agree. I love reading books and going to new places and experiencing new things. Being a vampire gives me the opportunity to do that.
majabambino
Currently Reading: Essential History
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majabambino.html

Post by majabambino »

I would party before letting the fact that I would need to bite people to sustain myself sink in.

I would party because - hey, I am now one of the most celebrated (and unfortunately, overused) fictional characters in existence(?) and I now have the option to become famous by starring in my own TV show/ movie/ talkshow, plus I would probably be able to make hot people swoon because of my ravishing good looks. But I would be miserable afterwards because I don't really fancy physical contact with acquaintances and strangers; therefore, I would probably starve to death before I bite anyone. Plus, who would want to be a circus animal? I don't want to join the ranks of those people who are now famous just because. I would actually want to earn my fame thank you very much.
melindad74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melindad74.html

Post by melindad74 »

Maybe a little of both, I think it would be great to be a vampire, but not if I had to leave my friends and family behind. So I guess I really don't know what I would do unless I was in that situation first hand.
Shaikhspear
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaikhspear.html

Post by Shaikhspear »

PARTYYYYYYYYYY
Sarah masad
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-masad.html

Post by Sarah masad »

You party until the clock strikes 12

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”