Official Review: Loving Annalise by Gabriel Constans

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Official Review: Loving Annalise by Gabriel Constans

Post by ebeth »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Loving Annalise" by Gabriel Constans.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Loving Annalise by Gabriel Constans, Annalise is the oldest of seven children. She is from a small farm community outside the capital of Luxembourg. When Annalise turned down her first proposal to marriage, she decided to take a different direction in life. Moving to Luxembourg to become a nurse, where eventually she meets a handsome, smart man named Jens.

After dating Jens for awhile, he eventually meets Annalise's family. Her family disapproves of Jens right away and tries to warn her what they see in Jens. Annalise would not believe them. Their relationship continues to go on strong. Jens took Annalise home to meet his parents and his older brother Tomas. Right away Annalise could tell Tomas was very opposite of his brother Jens. Soon she was asking herself if she is making the right decision to be with Jens.

This is a romantic story about Annalise and Tomas (Jens older brother), trying to hide their love for each other because she is already in a serious relationship. Can Annlise and Tomas overcome the obstacles and battles it takes to finally be together?

I almost turned this book away judging by it's cover and the way it starts out in the first paragraph of the first chapter. However, it didn't have as many adult scenes in it as I thought it would. I really liked the story line of the book because it had some twists to it that I did not see coming. A couple of spots made me wonder if she really was going to end up with whom I thought she would.

The only thing that I noticed that I did not like is there were a few times when I would get to the end of the chapter the page would turn blank. I noticed it didn't mess up the pages in the story it was just annoying. It could have been the way it was downloaded.

I rate this book 3 out of 4. Mainly because I feel in my personal opinion the cover of the book should be changed. Right when I first saw the front picture of the book I was thinking it was filled with more adult scenes, when it didn't have that many at all. However though if you like a little bit of adult scenes but not too many with a good romantic twist then I recommend this book to you.

Loving Annalise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ebeth's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

This sounds like a good read to me! I'm not usually a huge fan of romance novels, especially if they contain a lot of adult content. But this one sounds like it has a really good story line to go along with it. I'll be adding this one to my shelves. Thanks for the great review!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Nice review! I am not sure the book is for me, but I am glad that you enjoyed it overall.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I would have to agree that the cover seems so.. suggestive? :) I like the premise, though, and I don't mind some explicit scenes :) Good job on the review.
braver
Currently Reading: Playing Big
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-braver.html
Latest Review: "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by braver »

Looks like someone might have been going for shock value on the cover, though it sounds like they should have let the story sell itself. I might have to check this one out.
Latest Review: "Storm of Arranon" by R E Sheahan

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”