Overall Opinion of Save the Last Bullet for God

Discuss the May 2016 Book of the Month, Save the Last Bullet for God by JT Alblood.

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Bookshelves

View Save the Last Bullet for God on Amazon
Veda
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veda.html
Latest Review: "Antique Mirror" by D.F.Jones

Re: Overall Opinion of Save the Last Bullet for God

Post by Veda »

I haven't really read a lot of Sci-Fi books but I enjoyed this book from start to finish. There was sentiment, enterprise of encountering distinctive courses of events and I even got a look into the psyche of an infection!
Latest Review: "Antique Mirror" by D.F.Jones
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

PashaRu wrote:Not exactly rave reviews for this one, it seems. Many here have it on their TBR list. I don't. Not yet, anyway.

You'll like it. Check it out.

Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Jamreader
Currently Reading: Ghosts Among Men
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jamreader »

Just got it, sounds very interesting!
ReaderBK
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ReaderBK »

I found the book to be scientifically focussed and imaginary. Though the book title sort of deceived me, meaning the writer did well with the book title because it draws attention, it is not the kind that you can just ignore. I'm a little bit fussy when it comes to war and violence book written stories. Beyond that it brings one to question certain life realities. Most of all I like the fact that the last bullet is saved for God, showing that He has the final say because of His divine patience.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

I think this book is certainly unique and presents some interesting concepts. However I didn't care for the story telling elements so as far as a novel goes, I didn't find it very entertaining or engaging. I eye-rolled at several parts too, especially in the beginning. I think that my favorite part of it all that made it worth reading for me was the ending where the concepts are laid out and everything is tied together.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

So, I started reading this book, but haven't finished it. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will. The title puts me off and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Can someone explain how does the title fit into the story? Spoilers are fine. I'm just trying to judge and see if I should finish it or not. Thank you!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 169
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: NOAH by Naazir Aram Musa

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

Honestly, I was slightly disappointed by this book. I was really excited to read it after reading the view, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I thought that the book was a little hard to follow. I don't usually have a problem reading a book in different points of view, but with this one I did. My favorite thing about the book was how they connected all of the stories. I guess I was just expecting something a little different from the book. I would probably recommend this to a few people, but not everyone. I think it has to fit your taste to really enjoy it.
gaporter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gaporter.html
Latest Review: Lives of Museum Junkies by Marilynne Eichinger
Reading Device: B0051VVOB2

Post by gaporter »

anneloretrujillo wrote:Honestly, I was slightly disappointed by this book. I was really excited to read it after reading the view, but it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I thought that the book was a little hard to follow. I don't usually have a problem reading a book in different points of view, but with this one I did. My favorite thing about the book was how they connected all of the stories. I guess I was just expecting something a little different from the book. I would probably recommend this to a few people, but not everyone. I think it has to fit your taste to really enjoy it.
I think you phrased this well. I agree with you, here.
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

hsimone wrote:So, I started reading this book, but haven't finished it. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will. The title puts me off and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Can someone explain how does the title fit into the story? Spoilers are fine. I'm just trying to judge and see if I should finish it or not. Thank you!
I feel like this is a hard book to explain. At least for me the image I had in my head from the title was way off base to what the story was about. There is a lot of violence and death though, just in case that is something you would prefer not to read about.
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Taylor Razzani wrote:
hsimone wrote:So, I started reading this book, but haven't finished it. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will. The title puts me off and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Can someone explain how does the title fit into the story? Spoilers are fine. I'm just trying to judge and see if I should finish it or not. Thank you!
I feel like this is a hard book to explain. At least for me the image I had in my head from the title was way off base to what the story was about. There is a lot of violence and death though, just in case that is something you would prefer not to read about.
Thank you for your comment. Sometimes death and violence can be a bit much for me. So, that's good to know.

I guess I would also like to know: is the intention of this book to eliminate God? I really don't like even thinking about it, so that's why I stopped.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:
Taylor Razzani wrote:
Thank you for your comment. Sometimes death and violence can be a bit much for me. So, that's good to know.

I guess I would also like to know: is the intention of this book to eliminate God? I really don't like even thinking about it, so that's why I stopped.
No, it isn't.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Thank you, gali. What would you say is the connection between God and the bullet?
Heidi

P_hernandez
Currently Reading: Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-hernandez.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones

Post by P_hernandez »

I recently downloaded this and it seems interesting. It's definitely not something in my wheelhouse, but I'm going to give it a shot!
Latest Review: "Anna's Way" by D.F.Jones
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:Thank you, gali. What would you say is the connection between God and the bullet?
I am not really sure. I think shooting God was just an excuse the protagonist gave the Nazis to install his plans (building a space ship).
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:Thank you, gali. What would you say is the connection between God and the bullet?
I am not really sure. I think shooting God was just an excuse the protagonist gave the Nazis to install his plans (building a space ship).
I see...I have a few books on my list that I want to read first and I'll see if I want to get back into it or not. Thank you, gali! :)
Heidi

Return to “"Save the Last Bullet for God" by JT Alblood”