Sookie Stackhouse

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

I agree! I;m not going to ruin the books for anyone about if Alcide and Sookie are together.... but Alcide is amazing! Definetely second in my opinion (Eric's first... always first. :oops: ). Very yummy. I don't know why i can't get past Bill. I just don't like him! Ugh. It drives me nuts that i don't, really it does, but i can''t like him. Quinn's okay though. Does anyone like Sam? Goodness she sounds like a jezabel with all the men... haha.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Annaintheworks

Post by Annaintheworks »

Don't get too attached to Quinn ;-)
Melaniep

Post by Melaniep »

Sam is more like the boy next door best friend-type of guy to me. Although he gets possessive and judgemental sometimes and it annoys me. But I suppose somebody has to watch out for her!

I keep trying to guess who/what her next love interest will be in upcoming books... Maybe a Fairy?? Or even a demon?
Annaintheworks

Post by Annaintheworks »

Yes, or Santa!?
I've been trying to get into True Blood, but I am finding it too hard. Somehow the style is so different from the books (much more 'gritty') and I just don't like the way the vamps are always smeared with blood for ages after they've eaten. Just wipe already!
I listened to all the books on audio and loved it.
Which one is everyone's favourite book?
Melaniep

Post by Melaniep »

Hmm... I never remember which book goes with which story line... But my favorite has to be the one where Eric lost his memory...
Annaintheworks

Post by Annaintheworks »

Melaniep wrote:Hmm... I never remember which book goes with which story line... But my favorite has to be the one where Eric lost his memory...
I have the same problem! But that one was a good one. Which is the one where they go to the pyramid place and the big attack happens?
It's one of the later ones, 8 or 9, I think.
I enjoyed that one, too.
But you're right, they get a bit jumbled in your head after a while, don't they?
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

Yay i love True Blood talk!
OKay... First.. Dead To The World (book 4) os the one where Eric loses his memory. That's the only one i ever remember the number to because it too is my favorite. :oops:
I'm actually really wondering if Remy (Hunter's Dad) may be Sookie's next main man. I think it would make a lot of sense, him not only being human but already having a kid, and those are the two things that none of her other men can give her. It's just a thought, anyway.
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Melaniep

Post by Melaniep »

It would be strange though.... Her dead vamp-cousin's ex? But who knows! She likes things complicated. I can't wait to see how her relationship with Hunter progresses! Maybe she'll introduce him to Barry the Bellboy? He's still alive, right? lol

One thing that I was very disappointed in the first book was that Lafeyette was killed right away. I loved him straight off. I think True Blood got it right keeping him around!
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

I agree! Lafeyette has to be my favorite person on the show so i was begging the tv not to kill him. Kudos for keeping him around.

Yea it would be odd but still unless they throw in another man i dont see her having kids and she's already said that was a flaw in vampires because they couldnt give her that. Even Quinn and Alcide wouldn't. Remy would make the most sense, but it would be really odd. Also there's that one tie to Eric to get rid of (i'm not ruining it if you havent read that far...) before she can marry. I wonder if they'll bring Barry back , as well. It would be interesting to see Barry back and have Hunter around more, wouldn't it. Hopefully she'll be able to go a book without getting beat up, stabbed, shot, or bitten. Poor girl, but she does crack me up.
Annaintheworks

Post by Annaintheworks »

There is not going to be anything between Sookie and Barry, though, is there? Never got the spark.

Question: Do you think Jason is well cast in the show? He is supposed to be so pretty, and I just don't see it.
And has Claude been in the show yet? Wouldn't mind having a look at him :wink:
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

I doubt there will be anything between Barry and Sookie, but then again Mrs. Harris has surprised us with more, so maybe.

I actually love Ryan Kwanten as Jason, he has that strange sexy look and the stupidity (acted... i hope.) rolled up in one. But i've always loved Ryan in movies. I was definetely surprised by seeing him in TB though, he's not what i had in mind while reading the books, but still i think he fits, somewhat. But thats my opinion and i see where you coming from.

No they havent showed Claude, that i'm aware of, but i too would LOVE to see who they have in mind for him. If he's not delicious i will be highly dissapointed. It's going to be very hard to cast a role for someone as perfect as Claude though. No matter who they cast there's going to be some people that wont like him one bit, which will ruin the godlike image in everyone's head.

Oops edit:
Apparantly they have decided they need a Claude, check this out:

http://campblood.org/Newblog/?p=5005
Annaintheworks

Post by Annaintheworks »

Nice!
Not that much like Claudine, though, but what can you do?
Although, if you're going to look at Lost cast, what's wrong with Sawyer??

The 80s magazine cover had me laugh out loud. It's exactly how she describes the photo shoot with Claude and Sookie.

The bald guy looks a lot how I imagined Quinn, by the way. Not sure I remember anyone called Emory.
Tosethresee

Post by Tosethresee »

It is a fantastic series, both on paper and through TV. The best part is that the book and show are not directly related, so enjoying one first will not spoil the other.
P.S. Sookie is a terrible actor.
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

Annaintheworks- Yea i didn't really see him as Claude either, but eh' he's not too bad on the eyes if you know what i mean. :wink:
The magazine cover had me laughing too.
Sawyer was very yummy too, in my opinion, but i didn't watch much Lost.
After the first series i was so confused i lost it.

Tosethresee- At first i was very upset with Anna Paquin being cast the role but after a while i think she fits the role perfectly! Of course that's my own opinion, but now i actually love Anna Paquin's work. She tends to keep with the whole "not exactly what you had in mind thanks to the books but somehow it works" idea.
Melaniep

Post by Melaniep »

Here's my opinion on Anna Paquin. She is great as Sookie in True Blood. But she's not right for Sookie in the novels. I mentioned before that I like both the show and the book series as separate entities. I watched the show before I started reading the books. As soon as I started reading them, I had completely different pictures in my mind of each character. When I read the books, I don't picture Sookie as Anna Paquin or Eric as Alexander Skarsgard.

Not sure if that makes any sense to anybody but me... lol!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”