Official Review: I AM GOD - And so are you! A complete gu...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Official Review: I AM GOD - And so are you! A complete gu...

Post by SparklingOne »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "I AM GOD - And so are you! A complete guide to Source" by Shawn Dall.]
Book Cover for 1140
Share This Review

I just finished reading "I AM GOD - And so are you! A complete guide to Source", by Shawn Dall. This is a nonfiction spiritually based book. Overall the book is well written and I found some of it easy to read through. How much of the information presented here can be absorbed and believed by the reader will depend on how far they are on their own spiritual path. Some highly religious people will most likely not appreciate a lot of the material presented. I would like to add that I would describe myself as a beginner at reading this type of book. I did find some of the information the author presented quite thought provoking. Although there was some information I found harder to process considering my own belief systems.

The book begins with a Preface, which details what lead the author on his quest to seek, study, learn, teach and ultimately write about this. The introduction deals mainly with an introduction to what "Source" is, explaining how we are all fragmented parts of the same whole. How we are all here on Earth to experience life, and mature ourselves spiritually with each incarnation. The writer uses references to video games to try and make the information more accessible to the reader, but this does not always mesh well in different parts of the book.

There are ton of different ideas contained within the book, so I am going to list the chapters with a brief content comment of what is contained in each. There is no way I could adequately mention everything here. Thoughts (Law of attraction, etc.), Feelings (Individual, relationships), Faith (God, and religions), Fear (Types, affects, self help), Choices (How these affect us and world around us), Energy (Crystals, chakras, DNA, and more self help), Health (How previous chapters affect us physically, mentally), Ego (emotions, their affects on us and our environment), Harmony (connection to Source), Epilogue (Channelled message from Source)

I am giving I AM GOD - And so are you! A complete guide to Source, a 3 out of 4 stars.

I feel that there should have either been less addressed in the book, or that some parts should have contained more information to make it more complete for all types of readers to understand more fully. I did find parts of the book interesting, but believe it could have been better presented. If the book was longer each part could be covered more comprehensively as some of it is not common knowledge. Then a reader may not be wishing to move backward or forward for reference within the material during the reading process. This is especially important as the author is mentioning different parts of the book within the text itself. That said I did find some interesting tidbits here, so I may purchase this book to reread and think over more leisurely in the future.

Buy "I AM GOD - And so are you! A complete guide to Source" on Amazon
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Thank you for this very informative review! The book sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it's for me. I have a pretty good handle on my spiritual beliefs, but I'm not against learning more about differing viewpoints. However, it does seem like the author tried to cram a little too much into this book.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

Sounds like an interesting read. Though I'm more of 'A Purpose Driven Life' kind of reader, I wouldn't mind taking a look at this one.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Very nice review. Your description of the book was done quite well! Probably not one that I will be checking out myself though.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
chronamut
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by chronamut »

thanks for the replies everyone - I am the author of this book - it is a difficult subject to condense and I did not want the book to be a giant tome to intimidate people - the goal was to be given a summary of each type to then lead people to research more into the subjects - it was also sort of like trying to cram a watermelon through a cheerio. It is also my first published book.

I never got a chance to link to the area where a lot more of this information is discussed. You can read it on facebook by looking up "the almighty source" - the newsposts are from source itself, relayed through a collective hive mind of source speakers, and the main infromation relating to the book is in the photos - albums section titled "lessons of the speakers".

those without facebook can also look up spirit science active nation on google - it will be a forum and click the area of "source and higher selves".

I would like to say the book has done well - I get a steady profit from it and thus I am glad it is reaching people, if nothing else it gives people something to ponder :)
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Very well-written and informative review! It's amazing the various books out there in the world. I'm glad you liked some parts!

Congratulations Shawn for the success of your book at the time of this review! Hopefully it continues to grow!
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
chronamut
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by chronamut »

hsimone wrote:Very well-written and informative review! It's amazing the various books out there in the world. I'm glad you liked some parts!

Congratulations Shawn for the success of your book at the time of this review! Hopefully it continues to grow!

thank you! As it stands it gets a few sales a month - it would be nice to have more but I am simply glad that people are enjoying it :)
Afuglsan
Currently Reading: The Masked City
Bookshelf Size: 5445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afuglsan.html
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Post by Afuglsan »

This sounds like an interesting book. I've always been fascinated with religions. From what I've read from your review, I think I'll have to put this on my to-read list.
Latest Review: "STARLESS and Bible Black" by Gerard DiLeo

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”