What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
StephenKingman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by StephenKingman »

Its the movie thread!

I saw Devil today at the cinema and i thought it was great, thoroughly enjoyed it, there was a lot riding on this movie as far as M Night Shamylan was concerned as his last few movies were critically mauled but this movie was more than adequate; for those not familiar with the plot, its a movie about 5 strangers trapped in a life and one of them is the Devil, but we wont find who (or indeed why) until the end and its full of suspense and plot twists and that cloying tension that comes with a confined space, a few scenes that are genuinely scary, too.

I rate it 7.5 out of 10.

(For posters in this thread, make sure you dont post any spoilers to movies you intend to see or have seen, your post will be deleted instantly, thanks.)
You only live once.....so live!
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Haha, I was just thinking of starting a thread on movies!!!
We're all starting to read each other's minds now... Haha, SKM, you're being pulled into the world of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

The last one I saw in theaters? was a while ago... I want to see Devil though, what's the synopsis of it exactly?
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Stinkin' Fascist wrote:Haha, I was just thinking of starting a thread on movies!!!
We're all starting to read each other's minds now... Haha, SKM, you're being pulled into the world of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

The last one I saw in theaters? was a while ago... I want to see Devil though, what's the synopsis of it exactly?
Well, the basic synopsis is that 5 people are in an elevator in a huge office building in downtown Philadelphia when it gets stuck and the maintenance men cant seem to work out the problem is; meanwhile the 5 people are getting edgy and scared, and then the lights go out and some very bad things happen to them, the security guard seems an image on the cctv screen of a demonic face and is convinced the Devil Himself is in the lift. To say anymore would probably spoil it so get out there and see it as its a fantastic movie!
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

Let's see.. .last one I saw in a theater was Inception which was a totally awesome movie. Last one I saw at home was Star Trek (the newest one) and surprisingly I loved it!
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Last movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes ... really enjoyed it & I hadn't expected to. I'm sure Conan Doyle would be disgusted but it's a very interesting interpretation. 8/10
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

Fran wrote:Last movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes ... really enjoyed it & I hadn't expected to. I'm sure Conan Doyle would be disgusted but it's a very interesting interpretation. 8/10
I loved Sherlock Holmes. I felt that Robert Downey Jr. did a splendid representation of Sherlock (especially his lack of social skills).
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
Fran

Post by Fran »

Mairin wrote:
Fran wrote:Last movie I saw was Sherlock Holmes ... really enjoyed it & I hadn't expected to. I'm sure Conan Doyle would be disgusted but it's a very interesting interpretation. 8/10
I loved Sherlock Holmes. I felt that Robert Downey Jr. did a splendid representation of Sherlock (especially his lack of social skills).
Wasn't he just brilliant
Stinkin' Fascist

Thanks SKM, I'm going to watch it with Chris. He was basically wondering if it was about the actual Devil, or a person that people just called the Devil because of things that happened; such as a serial killer.

Oh yeah, I movie hopped Inception after Salt, needless to say, great night.

I actually do like Salt better than Inception seeing as I am an Angelina Jolie fan and not a big Leonardo DiCaprio fan, but that didn't really have much to do with it... Haha.
I just love the hands-on action type thing, a lot. And you could see where Inception was going, not so much Salt.

Hey, Sherlock Holmes was surprisingly good! Glad you guys like it.
Career Novelist

Post by Career Novelist »

Just watched The Town last night and it was incredible! The trailer to the movie was one of the best I'd ever seen, which really bolstered my expectations for the film and it did not disappoint. In the movie you really feel the characters, the Boston grit, and the dilemma the main characters are in. I would not hesitate recommending this movie to anyone, even at full price.
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

The last movie i watched was Amelie and i absolutely fell in love with it!
Solid 10 for me. :D
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Career Novelist wrote:Just watched The Town last night and it was incredible! The trailer to the movie was one of the best I'd ever seen, which really bolstered my expectations for the film and it did not disappoint. In the movie you really feel the characters, the Boston grit, and the dilemma the main characters are in. I would not hesitate recommending this movie to anyone, even at full price.
Thanks for that, im going to recommend that to the lads this weekend for the next movie, i liked the look of the trailer as well.
StephenKingman

Post by StephenKingman »

Saw 3 movies recently:

1. Devil- quite a good horror movie with a nice twist to the tale, M Night Shamylan was under a bit of pressure after his last few movies to step up to the mark and deliver a strong tale (he is only the "inspired by" credit here, though), nonetheless its a tight and suspenseful movie that will keep you guessing right to the end.

2. The Town- very good performances from Affleck and Co here, a gritty and realistic modern day crime story.

3. The Last Exorcism- started good, remained good throughout the middle but, my God, that ending, what the HELL??!!. Totally ruined the movie and i never want to speak about it again.
Stinkin' Fascist

Haha, I'm going to watch the devil this week gladly, Easy A in my opinion was a good comedy and I'll watch it again.
Can't wait for the next ones.
tigeropig

Post by tigeropig »

I saw the Prince of Persia and really enjoyed it.
"Then said Jesus, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do ..." Luke 23:34
Fran

Post by Fran »

Debating whether to watch 'Eat, Pray, Love' ... every review I'v heard or read in universally negative but curiosity is killing me. Can it really be as bad as the reviews?

Return to “Films and Books”