Nominations for November book of the month

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
libarchiver
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by libarchiver »

Aftermath by Levar Burton

I picked this up at the library recently, and it's the next in my stack. Just a thought. :D
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I'd like to nominate The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters
sloozeberries

Post by sloozeberries »

Gannon wrote:
Bowlie wrote:
Amrita wrote:The Life of Pi by Yann Martel - have people on this thread already read this? I heard it was good.
It's great! It's one of my favorite books of all time!
Me too. It is one fantastic read. I loved the "man-eating island". Do not really get what this island is supposed to mean and it is a bizarre twist in the book.
Hi I'm new here... I read this book about 5 years ago and I would love to read it again and be able to discuss it!!! It has so many different faucets for conversation and I would love to hear all the different things people can take from the story. Plus it was such a great book that I definitely want to read it again. :lol:
tZuKuL|nA

Post by tZuKuL|nA »

I would like to propose Hara Taicher's new book!!!! "Changing Your Thinking, Changes Your Life" - You can check out the invitation to the book signing on youtube. Just look her up and it's the video entitled something like "EVENT - book signing"

The book can def be a best seller right away!!!
DSLeiper

Post by DSLeiper »

Hi all.... new here, but was wondering if the vote for November book is out yet?

I think it indicated at the start of this thread the vote would be out October 1st but I didn't see it when I was looking through the different posts....
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

DSLeiper wrote:Hi all.... new here, but was wondering if the vote for November book is out yet?

I think it indicated at the start of this thread the vote would be out October 1st but I didn't see it when I was looking through the different posts....
I am fairly new here as well. I've only been posting for about two months maybe. I was wondering when the vote would be out as well. Do any of the the older members who have taken part in these forums know how it normally works?
humble

Post by humble »

when will the voting begin?
sore eyes from readingb

Post by sore eyes from readingb »

I nominate The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.
LauraH

Post by LauraH »

All right! Almost last day of October!
I will nominate John Irving's new book Last Night in Twisted River. Comes out in a week or so.
Bowlie

Post by Bowlie »

I was going to try to make a poll for the vote for November book of the month since the poll was supposed to go up on October 1 but was never posted. Sadly, only moderators can start topics in this part of the forum. I'm ready to vote for November and to start discussing The Kite Runner (which also hasn't been posted yet).

Hopefully the moderator will post the poll soon! :)
poomlie

Post by poomlie »

I vote for John Irving's new book Last Night in Twisted River.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Sorry it's late, but I finally posted a thread to vote on the November book of the month.

I couldn't find a few of the nominations at Amazon, and a couple others we we already did. For instance, The Time Traveler's Wife was already book of the month. So I didn't include those.

Thanks,
Scott
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Book of the month”