What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I reread Of Mice And Men about once or twice a year. Oddly, I usually read it when I've been feeling down for a while. The book is sad and makes me feel sad, but I guess I like to get lost in a book regardless. Plus, I usually read the book all-the-way through in one night. So, it's probably just that I want to occupy my mind for a while when I read it.

What about you?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
sleepydumpling
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sleepydumpling »

I have a few. The biggie is probably The Day of the Triffids by John Wyndham, which I have read pretty much at least once a year for the past 20 years.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is another favourite, along with The Silver Metal Lover by Tanith Lee.

I have others though, I'll have to think about those.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

metroidhunter9292

Post by metroidhunter9292 »

Probably a book from the Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer, Or part of the Harry Potter Series by J. K. Rowling. I've read at least one from each more than three times a year. Hoorah for infantile reading!
Anna

Post by Anna »

Yeah, I love rereading Pride and Prejudice too. I've watched the movie a few times as well.
________
DODGE RAM 50 HISTORY
Last edited by Anna on 24 Feb 2011, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Rebeca Darklight

Post by Rebeca Darklight »

Little Women because it was the first book I ever got as a present. It was also my first "serious" book, a full lenght novel for me to read for the first time. I read it a lot during my childhood, I don't even remember how many times. Later on I got The Diary of Anne Frank too and I reread it several times when I was 12 and 14 years old.

I have read twice other books, like The Perfume, Pride & Prejudice, Harry Potter books, etc., but not as many times as I did those two.
Be nice to me! English is not my native language. :)
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I don't like the movie - Keira Knightly is SO not good enough to be Lizzie Bennett, but I do love the BBC Series with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle.

Rebeca Darklight

I have heard so much about the BBC series that now I'm diying to watch it!!! I didn't like Keira as Lizzie either, she's not such a bad actress but she wasn't a good Lizzie at all. A friend of mine says Keira used her teeth too much as Lizzie, hahaha, and I agree. I did like the movie though, and the rest of the actors. I guess I must see that BBC series as soon as I can!
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

It's excellent Rebecca - they cast and adapted it perfectly. And as far as I'm concerned, Colin Firth IS Mr Darcy!

awelker

Post by awelker »

i could never get into this book. i read up to the 6th chapter and just put it down i dont know if i was to young at the time or what but i think that i might try again in the coming months.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
bananabetty1

Post by bananabetty1 »

What book I read the most, definitely the CHERUB series. They r the BEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: They r so real and much better than anything else i have read ( ok maybe not everything :wink: ) but suggest them 2 u! Film=awful, TV series= :D YAY!!!
Rebeca Darklight

sleepydumpling wrote:It's excellent Rebecca - they cast and adapted it perfectly. And as far as I'm concerned, Colin Firth IS Mr Darcy!
A new addition to my Amazon wish list then! My long, long, long Amazon wish list... One day I will get everything I have there, and I will rule the world.
awelker wrote:i could never get into this book. i read up to the 6th chapter and just put it down i dont know if i was to young at the time or what but i think that i might try again in the coming months.
Try it! It's a great book. Austen is amazingly witty.
awelker

Post by awelker »

i will have to add it to my never ending to read list.
"'Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all." - Alfred Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam:27

http://www.shelfari.com/awelker
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Alli if you're hesitant, watch the BBC series and then read it. I found it gave me an even better appreciation of the book reading it after watching the series - I could pick up on some more of the wit I missed on earlier readings. She does do wit very well, especially in dialogue.

notrorygilmore

Post by notrorygilmore »

The books I reread the most are probably The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Holes, Stargirl, The Gospel According to Larry, The Lovely Bones, and the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Oh yes, I tend to read Hitchhikers over and over too!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”