What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Kitten
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kitten »

Currently reading "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. I really wanted to see the play when it was in town but unfortunately missed it. I am finding the book an interesting take on the origins of the Wicked Witch of the West and will most likely be checking out some of his other Fairly Tales for adults.
vickib010

Post by vickib010 »

Defiantly try your hardest to see Wicked. It is worth every single penny of what you spend on the ticket, i have never read the book however.

I have just finished reading The color purple - Alice Walker read it in 3 nights was such a good read!

I am now just starting The fortress of solitude - jonathon lethem.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Defiantly try your hardest to see Wicked. It is worth every single penny of what you spend on the ticket, i have never read the book however.
I will if they ever come back to Ottawa, I'm hoping. I've heard nothing but great things. People say it is nothing like the book so will be interesting.
I have just finished reading The color purple - Alice Walker read it in 3 nights was such a good read!
Better than the movie like most books? It was a pretty good movie.
erebos92

Post by erebos92 »

i'm currently reading "Madame Bovary", a novel written by Gustave Flaubert.
janiet

Post by janiet »

I'm currently reading "Atonement" by Ian McEwan.
atrixa

Post by atrixa »

janiet wrote:I'm currently reading "Atonement" by Ian McEwan.
Another person reading it! It seems to be really popular among those in this forum. I finished it a few weeks ago.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx
US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)
chicklit

Post by chicklit »

Letitia30 wrote:Currently reading The Secret by Rhonda Bryne
Great book. I enjoyed reading it. If you liked The Secret, you might want to try reading No Matter What by Lisa Nichols. She was a contributor to The Secret, and while The Secret was good at introducing the Law of Attraction, No Matter What is more concrete. No Matter What provides 9 steps, actions needed to take to make positive changes in our lives. It's a must read.
angelnetinc

Post by angelnetinc »

Nickel and Dimed by Barbara Ehrenreich and Flower Children by Maxine Swann
dennypard

Post by dennypard »

If you want something to learn from, just read the P. S. Lanard Automobile Troubleshooting Guide. The small price you pay on Lulu or Amazon will be well worth all the money you save.

I am also always reading the best selling book of all times, The Bible.
Bennay

Post by Bennay »

Just jumped into Fight Club by Palahniuk. And what a strange read it is.

Joe's Perplexed Blank Stare :?

Even though its a bit unorthodox, I'm enjoying it. Very much different than anything I have ever read. I'm around halfway through. I should be done in a day or two.
atrixa

Post by atrixa »

I've moved on to To Kill a Mockingbird. It's got me absolutely hooked!
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."

Groucho Marx
US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)
speechless

Post by speechless »

I'm reading Monkey See by Walt Maguire. It's about a monkey trying to decide if he fits into the human world or if he should join the more advanced apes. It's pretty amusing.
Erick1106

Post by Erick1106 »

Hi, I am currently reading Forever Odd by Dean Koontz. It is book two of the Odd Thomas series. It is VERY good, Odd Thomas is such an amazing character. I highly recommend the first book, so far the second book is awesome.
Kitten

Post by Kitten »

Just started "Child 44" by Tom Rob Smith. I believe it is his first book.

A war hero turned security officer has to investigate a serial killer in Stalin's Soviet Union, the paradise where crime doesnt exist and citizens only fear is the all powerful state.

I'm not very far in yet but am loving it so far.
akl

Post by akl »

Just finished Persepolis 2 Marjane Satrapi-- I'm an English Ed. major... and LOVE adolescent lit.

I'm currently reading The Host- Stephenie Meyer

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”