The Five People You Meet In Heaven ~ Pages 32-101

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
cash4trends
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by cash4trends »

This book is about a old man named Eddie who die in a freak accident. Eddie meet five people who significantly affect his life. And So on it is really a good book to read.:)
jonny yep

Post by jonny yep »

will take a look
princessp

Post by princessp »

Really I liked it..it gets even more interesting as he meets the remaining people.I like his writing style.keeps you hooked and doesn't deviate you off the path.
guytwo

Post by guytwo »

I read it a few years ago and was disappointed. I got nothing out of it. Maybe it was just me.
rayallen

Post by rayallen »

The story is about a simple man named Eddie. He is the Head of Maintenance at Ruby Pier.Eddie is described as gruff and coarse in appearance. The story begins with Eddie's last day on Earth — his eighty-third birthday. As he goes about his everyday routine, a sudden scream near a tower drop ride alerts him to danger — one of the cars has come loose, suspended hundreds of feet in the air. As other workers rush to free the passengers of the ride, Eddie realizes that the cable that supports the car must have somehow come unraveled; he is right in this assumption, as weeks earlier, a young man accidentally lost his car keys in the ride, causing the cable to be husked like an ear of corn.
Cowboy14

Post by Cowboy14 »

Sounds good ...... will collect it soon,,,,...........
Last edited by Cowboy14 on 02 Jul 2011, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

That book did nothing for me .. but I guess I just a cynic
:D
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Clothbottom1

Post by Clothbottom1 »

Hello I want a information about this book I've downloaded it yesterday and it contain only 64 pages so it only have 64 pages or my copy have some error but I saw my last page and it seems like good ending.. Please help
Kapsystem

Post by Kapsystem »

"It's Very interesting"
Scott wrote:This is the discussion thread for the first half of The Five People You Meet In Heaven. If you have not read the first half of the book yet, please do not read this thread as it will contain spoilers. If you have read past the first half, please join this discussion, but do not talk about anything that happened after the first half.

So far, Eddie has met two people, and it appears that the next person is his father.

What do you think of the first half of the book? It has caught my interest very much, and I've been recommending this book to other people. I'm not sure what I like so much about the author's style. Perhaps it just flows very well. The story moves smoothly and at a nice pace, but without being boring. My brother-in-law told me that the author is actually a sports columnist.

What do you think of Eddie's encounter with the Blue Man? How do you think finding out that he killed the Blue Man helped him understand his life?

What do you think of Eddie's encounter with his old Captain? It shocked me to find out the Captain had been the one who shot Eddie. Do you agree with the Captain's decision to shoot Eddie? I guess it is better to be shot in the leg than to die in a fire.

Do you have any favorite lines or short passages? If so, please post them.

Do you have any questions for the other readers? If so, please ask them.

Thanks,
Scott
MaxDaniel

Post by MaxDaniel »

I will definitely read this book. Many times I have read appreciation for this book. I guess it will be a great fun to read this.
Schmunzelmonster

Post by Schmunzelmonster »

@Scott, thank you for drawing attention to this little jewel. I enjoyed it a lot and would never have read it, if it hadn´t turned up in this forum.
Mikail Light
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikail-nurur-rahmon.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Mikail Light »

After I complete what I'm reading now, I'll read that. That may be intriguing.
sounds very nice book!
The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.~ Socrates :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Book of the month”