Official Review: The Girl in White Pajamas by Chris Birdy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tracy19
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy19.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Book of Designs" by Catamount Mayhugh

Official Review: The Girl in White Pajamas by Chris Birdy

Post by tracy19 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Girl in White Pajamas" by Chris Birdy.]
Book Cover for 9781481871983
Share This Review

The book is a murder mystery that centers around Boghdun “Bogie” McGruder the co-owner of a protection agency who goes home for his brothers funeral and gets caught up in the mystery of his brother’s murder, but his main job ends up being the protection of his ex girlfriend Bailey and young daughter from attempts on Bailey’s life as well as investigating the death threats she received.

As I stated above the book is a mystery murder with lots of twist and turns. The book falls into the Crime genre with a touch of romance and suspense. The story has lots of deceit, love and heartache intertwined among its well written pages.

I thoroughly enjoyed the authors writing style as she made the book an interesting read that captivated me right to the last page with its great story line. The author definitely knows how to appeal to the audience and to keep them entertained all the way. The book confused me a bit on the first few pages, but as the book progressed the confusion was quickly smoothed out which leads you to understand the reasoning behind the confusion. The characters were perfectly written for their specific roles in the book and each character bought something new and thrilling to the book. I felt the characters were full of emotions which made them feel more lifelike and realistic to me which gave me a greater love of the book and it character’s.

I loved the book and enjoyed reading each page. I was dragged into the story and struggled to put the book down, as I could not wait to see what would happen next. What I also enjoyed about the book was that you get different bits of the story from the different characters point of view so it was not all one sided and only from one person. The book was an emotional roller coaster of laughter and tears for me which made it a book I will not forget. I feel that lovers of all different genres will find this a great read. It is one of those books that as soon as you start you want to keep going to the end the, because the suspense in the story keeps you glued to the pages.

I would recommend this book as a good read and would definitely read any further books written by this author. I rate this book a 4 out of 4.

Buy "The Girl in White Pajamas" on Amazon
Buy "The Girl in White Pajamas" on Barnes and Noble
legodfre
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-legodfre.html

Post by legodfre »

Great review. This sounds like a book that is impossible to set down.
tracy19
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tracy19.html

Post by tracy19 »

It was definitely one of those impossible to put down books
AnaF
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anaf.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by AnaF »

I liked your review. It really seems like an interesting book :)
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
kericlc25

Post by kericlc25 »

Just purchased this book! Can't wait to read it!
claire mckay
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claire-mckay.html
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine

Post by claire mckay »

Thanks for the review - I'm always looking for new authors and books to try and this sounds right up my street!
Latest Review: "The M-Word" by Josephine Stine
hmathens

Post by hmathens »

Great Review! It definitely sounds like a book I need to get a hold of and read!
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A murder mystery that centers around a dysfunctional family, murder, and drama sounds great. Twists, complex characters, suspense, and romance adds to the thrill. Multiple POV is definitely a bonus. “Bogie" sounds quite the character. Hopefully, the book stands on its own, despite being the first book in a trilogy. Thank you for the review!
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
TrishaAnn92
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Great Review! The book truly sounds interesting and I think I will have to check it out!
Stella28Ella
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Stella28Ella »

I was expecting this book could be a funny and action packed story. I like reading books that sound like watching a movie. Thank you for a great review.
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

This book seems like it's got all the elements going for it: romance, mystery, crime, and the lot. I wonder if the life-threatening experiences Bailey had would throw her and Bogie back together especially as it became his main job to protect her and their daughter. Sometimes, such events force more perspective on human relationships with each other. I'd like to see what the author makes out of this book. Thanks for the review.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Stephanie Elizabeth
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

Looking at the cover, I thought it would be a book for kids, but it's definitely not! A murder mystery sounds intriguing, and I am glad the author was able to rectify the confusion by pulling all of the pieces together. Thanks for the wonderful review!
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

This murder mystery sounds very entertaining. I love how the author incorporates so many emotions in the story. Congrats on the book of the day. Great review.
Pearl Hijabi
Favorite Author: H M Irwing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-hijabi.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 1986

Post by Pearl Hijabi »

Sounds exciting just got my copy can't wait to read. Romance, mystery and crime sounds like a heady mix to get my hands on. thanks for a great review
timd
Favorite Book: The Rim of Space
Currently Reading: Making Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timd.html
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Post by timd »

I enjoy mystery and suspense novels, as well as romance, so this book sounds like one that I will enjoy. In addition, if the characters are as well developed and interesting as the review describes, then this must be even more entertaining. A great read to escape into a world of mystery and romance. I enjoyed the review which was thorough and pleasant to read.
Latest Review: Mobius by Garon Whited

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”