Official Review: "Bobby's Trials" by Bobby Wilson, J.D.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
enshafer2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enshafer2.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Official Review: "Bobby's Trials" by Bobby Wilson, J.D.

Post by enshafer2 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bobby's Trials" by Bobby Wilson.]
Book Cover for 9781617929168
Share This Review

At the age of nineteen, Bobby Wilson is accused of brutally murdering his only family on the basis of sudden rage. Authored by Wilson himself "Bobby's Trials" outlines the details involved in his case and how he was ultimately acquitted. "Bobby's Trials" is a dramatic and heart wrenching look at the life of a defenseless teenager in the criminal justice system.

In July of 1963 Wilson is preparing to enter military training camp when he's thrown an unexpected curveball. One night he is awoken to the barrel of a shotgun. At the other end is his mother, who threatens to kill him with the slightest movement. Hours later he is awoken once more to find his mother and sister dead in their burned home and to discover that he is the lead suspect. He has no memory of what has taken place between those the gap in his memory whatsoever.

Readers are granted a pass into Bobby's life before this fateful incident. He explains how he and his sister lived from town to town with little education and a not so loving mother. He goes through his tribulations in jail and by the hands of law enforcers. He's young and alone in this new world that he had no idea existed. He is also desperate to gain his freedom. "Bobby's Trials" is about a boy's fight to be heard.

Wilson's writing is blunt and almost surreal. He conveys an image of the legal system that is unexpected. His small town knowledge seems to contribute greatly to the liberties taken by others. But most importantly his ignorance becomes fuel to his fire. Going through so much injustice makes Bobby Wilson eager to prove his own innocence. I was somewhat surprised by the events in Wilson's story. He is exposed to so much. At times the details of his life, which would otherwise be vital, are afterthoughts. This made me question just how surreal his life must've been. Perhaps replaying his past is as scarring as living it was.

I would rate this work a three out of four. What he gains from the experience is a larger perspective of humanity. He is fashioned into a stronger individual by this negative part of his life which is greatly admirable. Reading and begining to understand his ordeal becomes an overbearing fascination. We embark on this rollercoaster with young Wilson. Readers watch in suspense as he decides who he is and what he's capable of. I would highly recommend this book.

Buy "Bobby's Trials" on Amazon
Buy "Bobby's Trials" on Barnes and Noble
E. Shafer

"No Act of Kindness, No Matter How Small, Is Wasted."
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
bnssnb25
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bnssnb25.html

Post by bnssnb25 »

Sounds like a really good book. I would consider reading it.
gpkipling
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gpkipling.html

Post by gpkipling »

I have never heard of this book, but it sounds like a very interesting story...

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”