The Five People You Meet In Heaven ~ Pages 32-101

Members of the forum choose and read a new book every month together, and then discuss it. You can nominate a book to be book of the month using the book's page on Bookshelves. Simply click the link that says 'Nominate for book of the month' on the left side of the book's Bookshelves page near the social sharing buttons. Don't be scared to nominate, as you can change your nomination to a different book if you think of something better.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

The Five People You Meet In Heaven ~ Pages 32-101

Post by Scott »

This is the discussion thread for the first half of The Five People You Meet In Heaven. If you have not read the first half of the book yet, please do not read this thread as it will contain spoilers. If you have read past the first half, please join this discussion, but do not talk about anything that happened after the first half.

So far, Eddie has met two people, and it appears that the next person is his father.

What do you think of the first half of the book? It has caught my interest very much, and I've been recommending this book to other people. I'm not sure what I like so much about the author's style. Perhaps it just flows very well. The story moves smoothly and at a nice pace, but without being boring. My brother-in-law told me that the author is actually a sports columnist.

What do you think of Eddie's encounter with the Blue Man? How do you think finding out that he killed the Blue Man helped him understand his life?

What do you think of Eddie's encounter with his old Captain? It shocked me to find out the Captain had been the one who shot Eddie. Do you agree with the Captain's decision to shoot Eddie? I guess it is better to be shot in the leg than to die in a fire.

Do you have any favorite lines or short passages? If so, please post them.

Do you have any questions for the other readers? If so, please ask them.

Thanks,
Scott
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
surabhi279
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by surabhi279 »

sounds interesting.. will try reading it...
aerobookclub

Post by aerobookclub »

Let's see what this book is all about.
angeleyes

Post by angeleyes »

Sounds interesting..will try it,
and see what it is about..
anshuman83

Post by anshuman83 »

Scott Hughes wrote:This is the discussion thread for the first half of The Five People You Meet In Heaven. If you have not read the first half of the book yet, please do not read this thread as it will contain spoilers. If you have read past the first half, please join this discussion, but do not talk about anything that happened after the first half.

So far, Eddie has met two people, and it appears that the next person is his father.

What do you think of the first half of the book? It has caught my interest very much, and I've been recommending this book to other people. I'm not sure what I like so much about the author's style. Perhaps it just flows very well. The story moves smoothly and at a nice pace, but without being boring. My brother-in-law told me that the author is actually a sports columnist.

What do you think of Eddie's encounter with the Blue Man? How do you think finding out that he killed the Blue Man helped him understand his life?

What do you think of Eddie's encounter with his old Captain? It shocked me to find out the Captain had been the one who shot Eddie. Do you agree with the Captain's decision to shoot Eddie? I guess it is better to be shot in the leg than to die in a fire.

Do you have any favorite lines or short passages? If so, please post them.

Do you have any questions for the other readers? If so, please ask them.

Thanks,
Scott
i like his writing style..like you said there's something about it..keeps you hooked and doesn't deviate you off the path..

i just completed the book yesterday..really liked it..it gets even more interesting as he meets the remaining people..hmm..

there's this line the captain says..about sacrifice...made sense to me...and there are more as you read further..but like you said not to discuss it..so here i am...zipped:)
mazarebacha

Post by mazarebacha »

sounds very nice book!
marts56

Post by marts56 »

I'll be reading that after I finish what I am reading. That maybe interesting.
development

Post by development »

I really liked this book, but prefered 'Tuesdays with Maurey'. I am a Mitch Albom fan from his sports column in the Detroit Free Press.
mortal_slumber

Post by mortal_slumber »

surabhi279 wrote:sounds interesting.. will try reading it...
book discussion not a review
eva6206213

Post by eva6206213 »

Thank you for your info~
booklover222

Post by booklover222 »

Thanks for the info. I'll try to cop it.
BookSnake

Post by BookSnake »

A truly beautiful and affecting book that haunts you well after it's been read.

http://www.booksnakereviews.blogspot.com/
Electronic Cigar

Post by Electronic Cigar »

I have read this book about 7 times in the last two years and I love it. I love how it makes you think about how you affect people and you dont even know it. Like today a guy smiled at me and it total changed my day. To him it was only a smile but to me it was the best part of my day. After reading this book I look at these kind of things.
cash4trends

Post by cash4trends »

It is really interesting.:)
nasrun2211

Post by nasrun2211 »

what this book is all about...

Return to “Book of the month”