Official Review: Amazed by Her Grace Trilogy by Janet Walker

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Yamia Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yamia-green.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Official Review: Amazed by Her Grace Trilogy by Janet Walker

Post by Yamia Green »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Amazed by her Grace Trilogy" by Janet Walker.]

Tracy Sullivan is a young girl whom one could expect to be just another one of life’s statistics. She is being raised by her single mother who is abusive, an addict, and cares about nothing and no one (not even her own child). Tracy is a shy girl who’s keeping a few personal secrets, and the only life that she knows is living in the projects surrounded by bullies, drugs and crime.

Grace Nelson aka “Amazing Grace” is a world renowned Olympic champion who now spends her time training athletes at an elite high school in Georgia. Grace lives the life that everyone dreams of. She has a celebrity husband, a gated estate to live in, a luxury vehicle to drive, the admiration of almost everyone around here, and all of the perks that being a star and being married to a star could provide. Miz Grace, as she is affectionately called by her students, appears to be “living the life”, but she too is keeping a few personal secrets.

Grace is a woman who unconventionally comes to the unexpected rescue of Tracy. She brings to life parts of Tracy that seemed to be buried, dead. She’s a woman who with what seems to be an iron fist trains even the shyest and rawest of talents into remarkable athletes and young adults, but there is so much more to this amazing woman than meets the eye.

Amazed by Her Grace is a story that seemingly showcases two main individuals from opposite sides of life, but as you dive deeper into each book you realize that even though the main characters appear to be complete opposites they really are one in the same. However, there are many unexpected twists and turns that bring this novel to REAL LIFE.

This book is actually a trilogy and I enjoyed the entire series. The author has a unique way of writing from each of the main characters perspective and it really puts you in the mind of the character allowing you to fully experience their emotions throughout the series. Although I have never lived in the area where the story takes place I was able to understand the communities that the characters were from because the author very skillfully painted the picture of contrast in their lifestyles, making you feel as if you could totally relate to what they were experiencing.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. It was very well written with a great story line, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves to read especially books that are long series.

Buy "Amazed by her Grace" on Amazon
rachel-reads
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by rachel-reads »

Sounds like a great book! Would you recommend this book for 'young adults'?
Yamia Green
Currently Reading:

Post by Yamia Green »

Hi Rachel,

I do apologize for the long delay in my response; however, I'd say because this trilogy starts off with a very graphic description of sexual child abuse and somewhat deals with various types of abuse throughout the book, it would be best for someone 18 and over.
TheWriterWalker

Post by TheWriterWalker »

This is Janet Walker. Am I allowed to post a reply? I just want to say a belated THANK YOU to Mia Green for her wonderful review of my e-novel, the three-book series Amazed by her Grace. Mia (may I call you Mia?), I read your review months ago and the thing that has reverberated in my mind since then is that you truly got what I was trying to do with Grace and Tracy--that is, set them up as ostensible opposites who are, in actuality, a younger and older version of the same woman (well--not literally, but more alike than not, which is part of what drove Grace to break so many self-imposed rules for Tracy). Thank you for simplifying, for others, a story that is thick with details and rich in complex issues. You make ME want to read it again! Lol
Yamia Green
Currently Reading:

Post by Yamia Green »

Hello Janet!

Thank you for your post above! :) And you are quite welcome! You really are an AMAZING writer, and I would love to read anything that you create. You have truly been blessed with an incredible gift!
TheWriterWalker

Mia, thank you so much for the compliments! I worked on the Grace story, on and off, for 25 years. For so long, it was a story that required a writing skill I did not possess. Even its characters had more experience and knowledge than I did! And even now, the knowledge I crammed into my head to become a military-strategic coach has long since drifted out the window, which means Grace Gresham is, today, still smarter than I am! Lol.
Yamia Green
Currently Reading:

Post by Yamia Green »

Lol!! Wow on and off for 25 years that's incredible! Is that your only book?
TheWriterWalker

Mia, no, it's not. However, I am not at liberty to discuss, in this thread, my other works. You may visit me on Facebook, though, so that we can chat some more. I'd love that. Amazed by her Grace has a Facebook page, as well. If you like it, I can connect with you through it under my real name. I'd love to hear from you!
Yamia Green
Currently Reading:

Post by Yamia Green »

Great headed there now! Liking from my business Les Fleur Cosmetics.
Stephstratton
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephstratton.html

Post by Stephstratton »

This book sounds awesome, can't wait to read!
TheWriterWalker

Stephstratton, this is Janet Walker, author of the Grace books. I am so grateful to you for finding Ms. Green's description of the storyline interesting enough to want to read. I read her review and it made ME read the books again! Lol. She does a great job of not including anything that could be called a spoiler, so you'll discover that the books are even more than you expect (if I may say so -- smile). Eagerly looking forward to your reaction. Just remember: The Grace books are like a fine liquor--so packed with detail that you don't read them quickly but sip and savor what you're taking in.
Yamia Green
Currently Reading:

Post by Yamia Green »

Yes Stephstratton take your time reading the trilogy it's the best way to become engulfed with the story and its characters! ENJOY!!!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”