THE NETWORK BY CHARLES INGRAM

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
charlesingram
Bookshelf Size: 0

THE NETWORK BY CHARLES INGRAM

Post by charlesingram »

[color=blue]Hey,

I would welcome your views on my debut thriller, [i]The Network[/i], published on 27th April 2006 and available worldwide at a massive discount through the link to Amazon.co.uk via my website at [b][url]www.charlesingram.co.uk[/url][/b].

[u]The Network - From the Inside Flap[/u].
Former MI6 field operative Harry Winchester has settled down to what he thinks will be a quiet life running his own private investigation company in the Home Counties. However, when an old friend and informant in Afghanistan warns the British Ambassador of an al-Qa'eda plot to detonate a nuclear bomb in London, Harry suddenly finds himself faced with the most important, high-risk mission of his life - tracking down not only the bomb but the criminal mastermind responsible. With attractive fellow US field operative Tess Fulton, he pursues leads from Afghanistan to Argentina, but finds that his opponents seem always to be one step ahead of them.
Meanwhile, back in London the Government prepares for the very worst. Thrillingly paced and meticulously researched, The Network is a grimly realistic portrayal of contemporary international terrorism - of the people who drive it and those who strive to defeat it, and its terrifying effects on ordinary lives.

[u]About the Author[/u].
Charles Ingram was born in Derbyshire, England in 1963. In 1986 he graduated from Kingston Polytechnic with a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering before joining the British Army. He was commissioned into the Corps of the Royal Engineers at the Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst in 1987, and then trained and served in a wide range of command and staff appointments in the United Kingdom and Europe that included the Ministry of Defence and NATO. He was promoted to the rank of Major in 1995, and in 2001 he graduated from Cranfield University with a Master's degree in Corporate Management.
Ingram resigned his commission in 2003 to become a novelist. A member of the Society of Authors, his first novel, The Network, was published in 2006. He is currently writing his second "Harry Winchester" novel, Deep Siege, but still finds time for charity fundraising and his hobbies that include collecting books, jogging and trekking. He lives in southwest England with his wife, Diana, and their three daughters.

[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/Pidy/DSCF1716.jpg[/img]

Best wishes,
Charles.[/color]
Last edited by charlesingram on 13 Aug 2007, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
ClickForth

Post by ClickForth »

Oh my god, it's the guy who got caught cheating on the British version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
reduolf

Post by reduolf »

ClickForth wrote:Oh my god, it's the guy who got caught cheating on the British version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
So, he's also an author...and he's written a book. He wants your views on that, Jez give the guy a chance!!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”