Official Review: Almost a Turkish Soap Opera

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
freehat5d
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-freehat5d.html
Latest Review: "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" by Anne-Rae Vasquez

Official Review: Almost a Turkish Soap Opera

Post by freehat5d »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" by Anne-Rae Vasquez.]
Book Cover for 9780986492105
Share This Review

The story is focused around Adel-A twenty five year old native of Istanbul who follows his dream of traveling to Los Angeles along with his childhood friend, Kamil. Adel is still unmarried, much to the dismay of his mother and heads off seeking a bit of adventure.

He finds out soon after arriving that life in Los Angeles is not going to be as glamorous and amazing as he always imagined. To make matters worse, his small five thousand dollar fortune will only last him a fraction of the time he had accounted for. The adventures are only getting started as he struggles to make something g of his life outside of his parents and Grand Uncles influence.

The story progresses at a very steady rate. It's very straight to the point, which is much appreciated. This allows for a vast amount of content to be covered over a shorter time , leading to a layered and enthralling story. The characters were built up a lot over the course of the story and got me hooked within the first few chapters.

I had trouble trying to think of one thing I didn't like in this book, which Is quite rare, even for a book I enjoy very much. I has a great story, very balanced characters and enough drama to keep any reader glued to the book with anticipation. If I had to find one thing bad to say about this book it would be that the chatters sometimes end abruptly, leaving some things feeling slightly unfinished. Most of these instances were filled in later, leaving small bits and pieces in between to the imagination.

I'm rating this book a 4 out of 4 stars easily. I loved every bit of this book and would gladly recommend it to anyone. The characters were not only interesting, but also very relatable. I found myself sympathizing with the characters and even getting frustrated with the situations they were sometimes placed in. The writing was clear cut and straight to the point, a very refreshing find for most readers. I hope the author keeps up he good work.

Buy "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" on Amazon
Buy "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Almost a Turkish Soap Opera" by Anne-Rae Vasquez
anvas
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by anvas »

Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. I am happy you enjoyed the story.

Best wishes,
Anne-Rae Vasquez

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”