TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jenchocolate
Bookshelf Size: 0

TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by jenchocolate »

Twilight the Movie. Coming November 21. I'm excited to see it despite the worry that many scenes in the book were altered in the movie. Have you seen the final trailer? There are dialogues that are supposed to be in a particular scene, but in the movie, they were said in another scene.

I love the series. Honestly because I'm a vampire-story fan. Can't wait for Twilight in the silver screen.

What about you, guys? What do you expect in the movie? :?:
jenchocolate

Post by jenchocolate »

I agree. Just like what happened to "A Walk to Remember" and "Harry Potter"... But I have high hopes for this movie... That it would also give me the feeling I've felt while reading the book.
jenchocolate

Post by jenchocolate »

Given that Stephenie Meyer has helped out with the screenwriting, I think it's safe to say that the movie will stay pretty true to the book. :lol:
silentmusic0523

Post by silentmusic0523 »

Given recent hollywood books to movies id say to read the book and only after see the movie, just so you can log on to sites and complain on how different the movie was
KatKennedy88

Post by KatKennedy88 »

I read fantasy novels but somehow I missed out on the fun of Twilight. But yeah, books are more in-depth than movies cuz movies have a time-limit. There is this one online novel I am OBSESSED with tho. It's called The Phoenix Warrior by Emorah Slaytron. You guys should google it or follow the link given. It has vampires too by the way...
Jason44

Post by Jason44 »

I have not read the book yet but I though the movie was not anything extraordinary but I hope the books is better Image haha :?
yollyP.

Post by yollyP. »

I just saw the movie and seems contented with the flow. But for me, still the book best illustrates the whole scenario.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

There are some things that are not included in the movie. . .
disrobius

Post by disrobius »

what about the twilight cover reference...when edward picks up the apple. i found that pretty funny!
blue_doona32

Post by blue_doona32 »

I think the movie could have been longer... maybe added more parts that were left out, but that's just me. I think the best thing about the movie that couldn't be put in the book was the baseball scene :o The music that went to it was spectacular! Muse is awesome and its also one of Meyers' favorite bands (thought I'd add that little tidbit). As for the over all movie, it wasn't as spectacular as the book; I hope New Moon is better because they'll have many chances to put in lots of emotion :D
the difference between the right word and the almost right is really a large matter. It is the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning ~Mark Twain
Haley

Post by Haley »

The movie was a complete disaster. The refernces to the book were taken and adapt to what ever they felt like making. I hope to God that the other movies that they are coming iut with will be better than that crap i went to see, it was a total waste of 8 bucks. The lighting was good for it being a vampire movie and all, but th character choice was all wrong for the frieand she had in high school. The part with Edward taking off his shirt and everything complete foolishness.
andr70

Post by andr70 »

I think the book is better than a movie created by this book
StanDaMan

Post by StanDaMan »

Read the book. Skip the movie. Simple equation.
meanmissy

Post by meanmissy »

i like the book as compared with the movie, as the book has certain details that are not included in the movie, though i like both versions :D
Perrywinkle47

Post by Perrywinkle47 »

Well off course the book has to be better as the author can include all the details but there is a certain limit of time in the movie so they have to keep it short and precise. Since I had seen the movie before reading the book, it actually helped me while reading.. I knew the end already but still I could clearly give faces to all the characters, so it was good.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”