[solved] Problem with sending Kindle gift code to review tea

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

blogger09
Bookshelf Size: 0

[solved] Problem with sending Kindle gift code to review tea

Post by blogger09 »

Hello,

I had just submitted a book listed in Amazon for review with ASIN number (already submitted in your review form) B00A8D0AYK . The book is listed with a price of $ 0.99. However, I was requested from the review submission form to enter the URL for claiming the book as a gift. ( I had already sent this as a gift to my email).

Problem is this is what's in my email. "Redeem your gift at link xxx which is a general Amazon claim gift link, then upon going to the link I'm requested to enter in their blank form the Gift Claim Code (which was given anyway and which I can give to the review team in a private message)"

There is no link which I can type in your submission form with the gift code embedded coz it's now a 2 step process in Amazon. How do I go about this? Thanks!
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I have sent you a PM.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
kimbrowest

Post by kimbrowest »

I need help as well!!!

It must be a new format -- There is no "Get your gift now" button.

The email gives me a link and a gift code. The link is generic, and takes you to a amazon site to imput the code.
"Redeem your gift at amazonLINKacceptgift(wont let me post a link, but this is a generic link to enter a code)
Gift Claim Code
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

If I put any link in the Amazon Gift Code URL, it come back with: "Error The URL you entered does not seem to be valid."

Thanks for your time!

~KW
blogger09

Post by blogger09 »

Hi Scott, got your PM and I tried to reply to you via the email you personally gave. However, it keeps on bouncing back. I tried forwarding Amazon's gift email to me to your email but it doesn't get through. DO you have another email ad? Thanks!

Ray
On the Book "Legend of Azura: Darklight"
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Please forward the emails from Amazon to me at: [email protected]
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

kimbrowest

Post by kimbrowest »

hey Scott!

Awesome! Will do!

~KW
janetdoolaege

Post by janetdoolaege »

I have received umpteen automatic reminders to complete my request for a review, but NO reply to my pleas for help. The scheme for sending an Amazon gift code DOES NOT WORK. I see that other people have had this problem. I have sent $30 for a review, but hesitate to send a pdf version of my novel, since DRM cannot then be guaranteed. CAN ANYONE TELL ME how to solve this problem? Emails to the only visible email address are ignored. I am beginning to wonder whether this is a bona fide website...
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Please forward the email from Amazon to me at [email protected] so I can see what the issue is. Thank you!

-- 20 Jan 2013 02:34 am --

Thank you all for your patience. I have uncovered the problem and figured out why it was only affecting certain users. I have corrected the script to accept both of the two different kinds of emails Amazon sends out, with instructions for each different method. This should be pretty user-friendly and has worked both ways during my tests. Please let me know if you encounter any other errors.

janetdoolaege

Post by janetdoolaege »

The method for sending the Kindle Gift Code STILL DOES NOT WORK. I have once again ordered a gift from Amazon and received a code. When I paste it into the box, or even if I copy it laboriously, I receive a message saying that it is not valid. N.B. There is only one box. I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer in order to see whether the display varies. Nothing works. This is the third gift I have ordered, and I cannot get beyond this stage in my review request. Meanwhile, I keep receiving automatic reminders from you. I am beginning to lose patience. I have also sent a gift card to you, SCOTT, at the email address. No reply, no acknowledgement. What am I supposed to do now?
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Janetdoolaege, please forward the email that Amazon sent you for the "Kindle Instant Gift" not a regular Amazon giftcard and please include in the email a specification of which number/url you are entering into the box. My guess is that you are either entering the wrong number (e.g. entering the "Gift order #" which is not what we want instead of the claim code or the URL) OR something is different because you are using the French Amazon site whereas I use the USA one. Forward it to: [email hidden]
Thanks!
Scott

janetdoolaege

Post by janetdoolaege »

Warning to members outside the USA: the Amazon Instant Gift option is not available. Only Gift CARDS can be bought, and are not accepted on this site. I hope a solution will be found soon.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Amazon Kindle's best gift would be to ease up on their stance over the public library issue.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
janetdoolaege

Post by janetdoolaege »

Could you tell me what Amazon's stance is on the public library issue? I've not heard about this.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

janetdoolaege wrote:Could you tell me what Amazon's stance is on the public library issue? I've not heard about this.
My comment is Australian-based where we cannot download public library e-books onto Kindle. Any other e-reader device will freely accept library e-books except Kindle; and Amazon doesn't seem keen to 'lend' e-books to lending libraries whereas most publishers are embracing the public domain.

Of course, we all know that libraries buy book formats prior to loaning them so what's the hold-up?
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

janetdoolaege wrote:Warning to members outside the USA: the Amazon Instant Gift option is not available. Only Gift CARDS can be bought, and are not accepted on this site. I hope a solution will be found soon.
This is indeed true and problematic.

Does anyone know if a user who does not live in the USA can open a secondary account on the Amazon USA site and buy a Kindle book gift by logging into that separate, USA account? I understand that even if you browse the USA site while logged in with a non-USA (e.g. .co.uk) account that you will not see the option to give Kindle Instant Gift and upon checkout for any book will be redirected to the account-holders site (e.g. .co.uk). I have no way to test this as I live in the USA.

Also, does anyone know if the Barnes and Noble Instant Nook Book gift is also only available to purchase by USA residents or is worldwide?

For the time being, if someone outside of the USA/Canada cannot find a way to buy a Kindle Instant Gift and wishes to do so to utilize for our review system, you can contact me for a workaround that I can work with you to perform manually until I can find an automated solution for non-USA residents.

Thanks!
Scott

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”