Where do I upload my book to be reviewed?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

jryan25
Bookshelf Size: 0

Where do I upload my book to be reviewed?

Post by jryan25 »

Hi I cannot figure out WHERE to upload the book I requested a review for?

Thanks!
ashoulders08

Post by ashoulders08 »

I'm trying to figure out the same thing as well as how to manage my book review request (i.e.,change the payment option I selected for my review).
jryan25

Post by jryan25 »

I've heard nothing but paid my money. Not a good process going for this site so far.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

I am sorry to hear you both are having trouble.

An email is sent that contains the link to finalize the review, upload the book, etc. Are you both sure you did not get any such email? Have you checked your spam/junk folders? The email would be sent right after you submit your review and/or right after you make the PayPal payment. In either case, if you got no email that means there was an error at some point.

I am sorry for your inconvenience.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
jryan25

Post by jryan25 »

Hi Scott I never received an email. I checked the junk folder and am getting all of these emails on my posts just fine.
ashoulders08

Post by ashoulders08 »

Scott, I am receiving my payment email fine. The issue I am having is that I would like to change my incentive level and I do not see where I can do this. Thank you for your help!
jryan25

Post by jryan25 »

How long is this going to take? I haven't even uploaded my book?
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

jryan25 wrote:How long is this going to take? I haven't even uploaded my book?
I have no idea why you wouldn't have been sent the email. I have sent you a PM with the information that should have been emailed to you.
ashoulders08 wrote:Scott, I am receiving my payment email fine. The issue I am having is that I would like to change my incentive level and I do not see where I can do this. Thank you for your help!
What do you want to change it to?
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

ashoulders08

Post by ashoulders08 »

Please cancel my request for a book review. Thank you.
pwelbourn

Post by pwelbourn »

Hi, I am in the same position. I have not received the link to upload my book as of yet, but received forum email without any problems.

-- 23 Jan 2013, 13:25 --

Hi,

I have not yet had a response, and I cannot find an email address to contact anyone. I never received an email with a link to upload my book, and I have now received an email informing me that I have not yet completed my request. Please could you point me to an email address I can contact through, or send me the link that I did not receive.

Regards,
Paul.
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

pwelbourn wrote:I have now received an email informing me that I have not yet completed my request. Please could you point me to an email address I can contact through, or send me the link that I did not receive.

Regards,
Paul.
The email informing you that you have not completed your request should contain the link. If it doesn't, this is a major error and will need to be fixed. In that case, I will need you to forward the email to me. You can send me an email anyime using the form at:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/contact-scott.php

You will need to be logged in.

Thanks!
Scott

tcmyoda

Post by tcmyoda »

My book file is too large and can't be uploaded. It tells me the size limit is 10 mb and my file is over 16 mb. Any suggestions or options?

-- 25 Jul 2013, 09:28 --

Scott,
If you don't have a way for me to upload or email in a larger .pdf file, I'm going to have to ask that my review request be cancelled. I'll try again when I've got a smaller book for you to review.
Respectfully,
M. P. Schaefer
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

If you are still having trouble with the file size being so large, please see:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/viewto ... 26&t=14056

Rooikappie

Post by Rooikappie »

I would also like to cancel my review request. After initially ordering it, I wanted to change something and couldn't. That was 17 August 2012! For the last year I've been receiving daily email reminders to pay with no option to contact anyone or to change anything. I did send an email a few months ago, but never received any reply. Again... could you please cancel my request. Thanks!
Scott
Site Admin

Post by Scott »

Rooikappie wrote:I would also like to cancel my review request. After initially ordering it, I wanted to change something and couldn't. That was 17 August 2012! For the last year I've been receiving daily email reminders to pay with no option to contact anyone or to change anything. I did send an email a few months ago, but never received any reply. Again... could you please cancel my request. Thanks!
There is no request associated with your account. Most likely, this means you use more than one email address/account and submitted the review using the other email address. This is likely the source of the confusion. Please refer to the "daily" email reminders being sent to you, and log in as explained in those emails and make your change request or deletion request that way. Or at least privately send me the information for your other account (namely the email address to which those reminders are being sent) so I can help you with this.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”