What's your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
autview1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What's your favorite book?

Post by autview1 »

My favorite book is The Gita of indian religions book.
NovelIdea
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novelidea.html

Post by NovelIdea »

A recent find that absolutely blew me away was the Kingkiller Chronicles series... first book is called the Name of the Wind. Written by Patrick Rothfuss, this is a story of an infamous and feared man whose legendary deeds are known throughout the kingdom. Though most people believe him to be a myth, the character is tracked down by a chronicler, who wishes to top his life's work with the biography of Kvothe, who has hidden himself away with his apprentice in a tiny village, working as an innkeeper.

The story is incredible, one of the best, action-packed fantasy stories I've read in years. I'd say it is on par with- if not even better than the Wheel of Time series. If you are a fan of fantasy books, I`d highly recommend you give this one a read :)
Arianna

Post by Arianna »

I am iphone application developer.I also fond of read all types of books who related with iphone application.Lots of books are my favorite books but "Power of iOS 6 application development" is my best book.
DianeOwens
Signature Addition: View official OnlineBookClub.org review of Thin Places

Post by DianeOwens »

Peace like a River by Leif Enger is my favorite book. If you haven't read it, get it now! It is an adventure and an inspiration with lyrical writing.
cuteyface23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cuteyface23.html

Post by cuteyface23 »

my favorite book is called THE WEDDING DRESS.its funny,sad,mysterious,and romantic all at the same time
hung009

Post by hung009 »

harry potter :D
jessnight

Post by jessnight »

My most favourite book is The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein - a must for dog lovers! I read it a few years ago now but it still makes me shed a tear when I think about Enzo. Its a fantastic book, told from the point of view of the family dog; made me cry and laugh out loud. TeamEnzo!! :D
jadamia1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadamia1.html

Post by jadamia1 »

Very difficult. Too many great books to choose from but the most memorable and thought-provoking book that I have read recently would be "Utopia" by Sir Thomas Moore. Wish I read it earlier. Arguably, it is a satire of 16th century English society and some of the suggestions for a more perfect and civilized society are quite funny. Nonetheless, a great book that should be read for these turbulent times we are living in now.
hazelk

Post by hazelk »

This question is like asking a parent to name their favourite child!!

One of my favourites for this year is "Doc" by Mary Doria Russell, this I followed up wit"The Sisters Brothers"by Patrick deWitt, both set in the same era of the Wild West!! I have also listened to both on Audio with my husband, great listening as well.
East

Post by East »

1. The Monster Blood Tattoo series, D.M. Cornish
2. The Leviathan Trilogy, Scott Westerfield
3. Apocalypse How, Rob Kutner
4. Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
5. Beautiful Creatures, Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
6. Threshold, Caitlin Kiernan
7. Animals in Translation, Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson
8. Wicked Plants, Amy Stewart
9.The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan
10.The Kiesha'ra Series, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Very tough list to make, though. I have read so many good books. Honorable mentions include: Coraline and Anansi Boys (Neil Gaiman), Terrier (Tamora Pierce), Ballad (Maggie Streifvater), Tithe (Holly Black), and The Legend of Drizzt (R.A. Salvatore).
annaonweb

Post by annaonweb »

It is also my favorite book . I also like more books written by Herman Hessa .
irin123

Post by irin123 »

My favorite book is"opajeta"
Flair01

Post by Flair01 »

My Favorite Book is my Computer Algorithem...
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

Flair01 wrote:My Favorite Book is my Computer Algorithem...
Sad :(
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Leo_Stillinger

Post by Leo_Stillinger »

At the moment it's the Book Thief by Markus Zusak, but I'm sure that will change sometime in the future. For example, I'm 100 pages into On The Road as I type this.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”