Happy Christmas!

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
StephenKingman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Happy Christmas!

Post by StephenKingman »

Its that time of year again, the streets are glowing with neon decorations, recessions are forgotten as money is thrown on presents, clothes and lots of drink so I would like to wish every member of this forum past and present a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, the community here is fantastic and there are some real nice people on it, Ill be entering my 4th year here soon :shock: and I still recall when the place was deserted with barely 5 new posts a day and now its a bustling forum with reviews, discussion and friendships formed so take a bow people.

There is no way to make the above speech without sounding really corny but Im not even reading much and I still love coming here, so have a great one people. You can use this thread to share your Xmas plans if you want. Ill just be chilling out completely, eating, drinking, reading, going to a few parties and catching up on a few boxsets, not to mention being around family. :D

You only live once.....so live!
Ant
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 1

Post by Ant »

Well thanks SKM, and a merry christmas to you too.
Not religious myself but still love this time of year just to see everyone so happy and all the decorations outside peoples houses, it's a very happy time of year and there is always a big family get together which is just great as we are spread far and wide. There is something to be said for christmas cheer.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

I'd like to add my very good wishes .... hope everybody here on the Forums have a really Happy Christmas (or Holidays if that's your preference) and my wish for 2013 is that it be filled with lots and lots of happy reading hours, new books, new authors and perhaps being reacquainted with some old authors too.

And it has to be ...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9jbdgZidu8 :mrgreen:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

Merry Christmas everyone.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
primrose777
Favorite Author: Chaim Potok
Favorite Book: The Chosen
Currently Reading: The Light Between Oceans
fav_author_id: 4227

Post by primrose777 »

Merry Christmas to all my forum friends. I am not yet a year old, but feel part of the family here. I have enjoyed everyones "company" and have learnt so much about the world of books. I have been introduced to authors I had never heard of. Wonderful. I have also been to the pub more times in this forum than I have in years.... hic.....
There are years that ask questions and years that answer. Zora Neale Hurston.
Sorelle

Post by Sorelle »

marry Christmas
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104