TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cadara
Favorite Author: Cant Choose
Favorite Book: Yet to find one
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by Cadara »

if i HAD to choose its the books ... though i found the endless hours of pointless dialogue frustrating and the main character to be although whinny far too familiar to be comfortable.

i read the books as a teen who could sympathise with the clumsy, awkward character of bella and though i read them all and enjoyed them ... i cant help but feel the books were missing something x

(I think i both kinda love it and hate it at the same time...)
mcamry93

Post by mcamry93 »

I really enjoyed the books, as well as the movies. I thought they did a great job following the book the best they could. I also liked how in the last film they added the fight scene. If they would've ended it the way they ended the book, I think I would have been a little disappointed in the last film. Especially because when I was reading the book I was really hoping for the fight scene to happen.
ahurley

Post by ahurley »

The books. I read the entire Saga, but the 1st book was my favorite. As far as the movies, they were watchable.
Hortonreader
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hortonreader.html
Latest Review: "Dreams of Gold" by Jonathan Chamberlain

Post by Hortonreader »

Hello everyone! This is my first post and I am excited to be a part of the process. With that said, I of course find the twilight books better than the movie but that is usually the case. My biggest complaint is the long drawn out process leading up to the enviable fight scenes. Which are always over in a matter of seconds. The author did nail the feelings and relationships of teenagers which does add to the long drawn out scenes discussed above. I look forward to the experience!
Latest Review: "Dreams of Gold" by Jonathan Chamberlain
Artistic

Post by Artistic »

I am yet to see an adapted movie that's better than the book it was adapted from. First, authors descriptions of characters paint an image in the mind of the reader. This varies from reader to reader depending on tastes, ethnicity, etc, etc. So when the movie is made, the people who do the casting don't take into account the audience expectations and in most cases they fall short of the target.

For the twilight series, I particularly wasn't impressed with the casting and script itself. Poor delivery of a tolerably good story. I wonder where they get these screenwriters. . .
takb_mom

Post by takb_mom »

One good thing about how they did with the books and movies is they kept each book with its own movie. They added a lot but what book=movie don't they have to add to in order to make it long enough and interesting enough to keep the attention of people who don't read the books. I've seen in other series how they intertwine certain things from other books in the series in the wrong movies in the series and I just think its great that each of the twilight movies stayed with their own books.
rachel5
Favorite Author: C.S Lewis
Favorite Book: Narnia and Redwall
Currently Reading: Aesop

Post by rachel5 »

Both the movie and book are so so IMO. Bella is what makes the Twilight series dull. Everyone else is fine, it's her my friends and I can't stand. She whines on every page and in every scene. I'm like shut up. Another point: I hate Kristen's voice. It sounds like she's bored with the world every time she speaks. Sorry for ranting like that. The books were great when I first read them, although I'm certainly not planning on re reading them again.
A book is a movie that plays in your mind while you read the words in it
ellybelly7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellybelly7.html

Post by ellybelly7 »

I think the book is better than the movie.
JeannyLeRoux

Post by JeannyLeRoux »

I agree 'ellybelly7' I think the books are much better than the movies.... much more detail, and the character development in the books is really awesome.
lapalmer71

Post by lapalmer71 »

In my mind..books are always better, and if their really good you feel like you 've seen a movie.
lorenadc_06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorenadc-06.html

Post by lorenadc_06 »

I just love the entire series of books. At first I was reluctant to read them, but my friends kept saying that once I started with them I would be hooked. And God, were they right. I took my kindle everywhere and whenever I had a minute or two, I would start reading them. I just had to know what was going to happen next.
MB3512
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mb3512.html

Post by MB3512 »

It was because of this movie that I am such an avid reader. When I first say it I thoight it was great, and then I decided to read the book and I was hooked. I haven't stopped reading since. So even though the first 4 movies were not the best (the last one was awesome). This movie will always have a special place in my heart even though the books are way better.
Caseydiviolette
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caseydiviolette.html

Post by Caseydiviolette »

There is no contest for me. The book has too many thoughts of Bella's that don't get translated into the movie at all. Conversely, it would be annoying if she narrated the entire film. Either way, reading the book saves confusion and brain cells
Bananacat
Favorite Author: Too many to decide
Favorite Book: Any book on the market
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bananacat.html
Latest Review: "The Gift of Life" by Keily j. adey

Post by Bananacat »

For me it is always the book first. However like the Harry Potter books and the movies I have found that for some scenes I prefer the books version while in others I prefer the movies version. Even with this it is still the books first for me.
:)
Latest Review: "The Gift of Life" by Keily j. adey
Laurenjade86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenjade86.html

Post by Laurenjade86 »

I have to admit I havnt read the books it is on my to do list. I loved the films and like most of you I do believe the book is always better than the film, you get so much more from the book to the extent where you feel you are the character your reading about.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”