TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
CanDrugStore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: TWILIGHT: Book vs. Movie

Post by CanDrugStore »

The book is much better then the movie! 100 %! Kristen Stewart seems perfect for the role of Bella. They are both awkward & clumsy. :lol:
gabrielgreystone

Post by gabrielgreystone »

I had a hard time getting past the first chapter because it was so long. No first chapter should be more than five pages, at least in my opinion. The first chapter of Twilight was the longest first chapter I read in my entire life. :shock:
A24

Post by A24 »

jamhassan wrote:I looking move last 15 years but very dangerous that i don't like if you have time and want to see move so end of the like is best than other story thousand people daily visit cinema and like this industry if spend your time so these are effective for you.
really not sure what you said here?
“The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.”
~Patrick Henry
LynnHardy
Currently Reading: Courts of heaven
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by LynnHardy »

AfrikaJeffery wrote:I read the Twilight series way before the movies were set to be made and I loved the series. But to be honest, once I saw the movies they made me realize how obsessed Bella is over Edward and personally I think Jacob would have been a better choice for her or anyone else for that matter. The relationship doesn't seem healthy and looking back on the books they do not seem as great as they did before the movies came out. Also I have read a lot of books about vampires and they all had somewhat similar persepectives on vampires lifestyles but Stephanie Meyers was the worst. Sparkling vampires? That detail should have stayed in her dreams.
I have to agree. I realize the teen angst is the modern day Romeo and Juliet with vampires only as a background for the love affair, but really, in movie two when Bella cried trough 3/4 of the movie, I nearly left the theater!

I am team Jacob all the way!
Robin jackson

Post by Robin jackson »

After reading this book when i watched the movie i liked it , i think both are equally good .
Auggie

Post by Auggie »

I have to be very honest and say that I don't enjoy Stephanie Mayers writing. It's just not my style (writing or storyline), so I've only read the first book.

The movies are entertaining, but I haven't gone to see this last one... mostly because I already know exactly what's going to happen from overexcited fans who spilled the beans!
amythompson172

Post by amythompson172 »

the book was ALOT better.
if i would have not read the book, i probably would have enjoyed the movie immensly. But because i have read not only twilight but the entire series i now know each character very well.

The movie, in itself, was very good. Yet, it felt incomplete to me because it left out ALLOTT of detail. There were many parts of the book i was waiting anxiously to see in the movie that simply werent there. So, in my personal opinion, i didn't enjoy the movie as much as i thought i would. But like i said, in itself, its a very good movie. If MAYBBEE could have been as good as the book if it were to be 5 or 6 or maybe 10 hours long. Otherwise, it's pretty much impossible.
Trinity31
Favorite Author: Charlotte Bronte
Favorite Book: Jane Eyre
Currently Reading: On Secret Service
fav_author_id: 2492

Post by Trinity31 »

Book was so much better. I don't care what anyone says you cant put as much into a movie as you put into a book. The details always seem to get lost in the translation. The movies were good but the books were just better.
Any book that helps a child to form a habit of reading, to make reading one of his deep and continuing needs, is good for him.
Maya Angelou
jitty

Post by jitty »

Book no doubt. Movie wasn't bad but nothing compares to the books. Except the last book were Meyer seemed to just finish the series off quickly making the end of the fourth book look really dumb.
mspjmunoz
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mspjmunoz.html

Post by mspjmunoz »

I have read all of the Twilight books, and enjoyed them. Yes, there were times when I thought the obsession that Bella had for Edward was odd/unhealthy/whatever... but what teenage girl hasn't totally obsessed over the hot guy in school? I completely disliked the movies. I saw the first one, and only bits and pieces of the next two. I thought the casting was way off, some of the effects were cheesy, at best (really, did you see Edward running?) and just awful the rest of the time. The book was chopped up and rearranged so much, and things added to it that sometimes it just completely seemed to change the story.

My advice always read the books first, they are always better.
bencyjack1

Post by bencyjack1 »

The book was much better than the movie. The movie wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I hoped it would be. I thought it was watchable, and I appreciated it. The movie did leave out some detail, but not a whole lot
PiscesFey

Post by PiscesFey »

I read the series before ever watching the movie(s). Most movies don't even come close to comparing to the book in myb opinion. I do have to say the one and only that didn't make me second think actors, directors and writers. I think they did a decent job although they left out tons but we are talking two hour movie they had to leave out stuff. I think it flowed great and covered the important things. However the book is in my opinion a must read.
dannii_giirl08
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dannii-giirl08.html

Post by dannii_giirl08 »

Personally the movie's haven't done much for me. I enjoyed them but the books, in my opinion, are ten times better.
michelet3005

Post by michelet3005 »

jitty wrote:Book no doubt. Movie wasn't bad but nothing compares to the books. Except the last book were Meyer seemed to just finish the series off quickly making the end of the fourth book look really dumb.
THANK YOU!! I felt like the end was a total cop-out. It was like she had no idea how to finish it so just did a really rushed job of it. I enjoyed both the book and movie from just a basic entertainment standpoint. But the end of the last book was rubbish!!
Showiebowie
Favorite Author: David Eddings
Favorite Book: The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-showiebowie.html
fav_author_id: 13690

Post by Showiebowie »

The book, always the book! I saw the first movie and I was so disappointed with it I refused to watch any of the other ones. I hated the actors and the acting. I felt that the people who were picked were wrong for the parts. When you read a book you will never be disappointed because the actors are always perfect and the acting is always spot on.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”