Official Review: A Dangerous Low

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vsc_vet_tech
Favorite Author: I have a few.
Favorite Book: Hard to narrow to one
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsc-vet-tech.html
Latest Review: "Crisis (Vampires Rule 2)" by Rocky Grede
Reading Device: B005890FN0

Official Review: A Dangerous Low

Post by vsc_vet_tech »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Dangerous Low" by Michael Stephenson.]

A Dangerous Low by Michael Stephenson is a book that hits the gas pedal from the first page and does not let up until the end. This book, which is the first in a series of books, keeps your adrenaline going from start to finish. I could not wait to see what was going to happen next. There were twists and turns around every corner. This book is filled with lies and deceit an almost every page. Your opinion of all the characters will change right to the end.

A Dangerous Low is a story of an up and coming Mayoral candidate, Ben Howard, who works as the Assistant District Attorney in Atlanta. He has been trying to clean up that gang activity in the city for years and thought the next step in that process would be Mayor.

Ben takes a week long journey, with his wife and family in tow, which will change his life forever. He started that week by committing an affair with a recently released gang leader. During their interaction, Ben accidently murders this leader and in a panic leaves the scene of the crime. A police investigation ensues and Ben must make some quick and dangerous decisions in order to save not only his career, but his life, as well as his family’s.

Ben and his family make a few friends and many enemies along the way. In fact an enemy at the beginning of the book ends up being an ally in the end .By the end of their week that have not only the police, but a couple large crime families after them. The book leads right into a sequel that should be coming out in 2013. I personally cannot wait for the continuation of Ben’s story.

I would give this book a very solid 4 out of 4 rating. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes suspense thrillers.

Buy "A Dangerous Low" on Amazon
"A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Latest Review: "Crisis (Vampires Rule 2)" by Rocky Grede
Kappy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Favorite Book: The Essene Gospel of Peace
Currently Reading: McGee & Stuckey's Bountiful Container
Bookshelf Size: 762
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kappy.html
Latest Review: "The Big Exoneration" by Dennis Sanchez
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by Kappy »

Good review, but it reads too much like the book description on Amazon.com.
Good Thoughts, Good Words, Good Deeds
Latest Review: "The Big Exoneration" by Dennis Sanchez

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”