Review of Anne Frank Diary of AThis was an eye op Young Girl

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Booklover83
Bookshelf Size: 0

Review of Anne Frank Diary of AThis was an eye op Young Girl

Post by Booklover83 »

This was an eye opening book. I had heard of Anne Frank when we studied the camps, etc in history class but I had never sat down and read her diary entries. This book gave a picture of not only a girl and her family's struggles but also an honest portrait of a teenage girl going through what many teens experience even to this day....parent issues, love issues, etc. It was a look at WW2 that I had heard about but never really understood until reading this book. I did not have the emotional reaction that I had expected but this was a wonderful, poinient book that was a phenomenal read.

-- Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm --

I must have had a copy paste incident sorry guys
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Great diary, sad story. For a similarly emotional read, I would recommend "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Jesleigh
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesleigh.html
Latest Review: "Christmas in Wine Country" by Addison Westlake

Post by Jesleigh »

I read this book for the first time in third or fourth grade after my mom bought it for me from a scholastic book order. At that point, it was the longest book I had ever read but I still managed to read it in only a few days. Very few books other have resonated with me as strongly as this one did.
Latest Review: "Christmas in Wine Country" by Addison Westlake

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”