Book Reviewers Wanted, Free Books (or $) for Honest Reviews

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

nice girl
Bookshelf Size: 1

Re: Book Reviewers Wanted, Free Books (or $) for Honest Revi

Post by nice girl »

hi,
i am having a problem. someone is requesting to review my book through this website and the person is requesting that i ship the book but what i have is the ebook version. How do i know the email address to mail it to?
StileBlue
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stileblue.html
Latest Review: "The Long Fall From Grace" by Craig Petree

Post by StileBlue »

nice girl wrote:hi,
i am having a problem. someone is requesting to review my book through this website and the person is requesting that i ship the book but what i have is the ebook version. How do i know the email address to mail it to?
I have the opposite problem.Usually books are listed as "ebook only(pdf)" or "ebook only(epub)",but when i pick one with empty brackets it wont let me review/download it. So you probably need to find a way to upload your book to the page.
Latest Review: "The Long Fall From Grace" by Craig Petree
char32
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by char32 »

Hello, I like this idea of honest reviews of books. I would like to do this as well. I have reviewed stories before, but that was just for school. I suspect a lot of the analysis would be the same. I would like to do this as soon as possible. Where can I review the books?
ginney

Post by ginney »

I'm following this forum because I'm tyring to find out how to send my paperback. A reviewer wants is, but I don't have an address. I'm not getting any help from the administrators, so I'm watching to see if you get replies to your questions here. BTW, the incentive check was cashed early on in this process, and I've been shunned ever since.

-- 02 Feb 2013, 10:56 --

What happened to this thread? What happened to Online Book Club? I'd also like to know what happened to my $15.
cjoybishop1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjoybishop1.html

Post by cjoybishop1 »

Since I have little to do with my time, I am a voracious reader (even worse since getting a Kindle). I have only written a few reviews as, until recently "discovering" Indie Authors on Amazon and the powerful impact reader reviews can have on their success, I have never felt my voice in reviews was necessary for the success or failure for books or their authors- I thought only of "professional" reviewers having those kinds of important opinions or impacts. Naive, I know. I simply didn't think about it much.

I have read some fascinating and powerful books by Indie Authors and I feel some of them deserve to find success doing what they love to do. If I can help with that and have the chance to receive free books in return, I see that as a win/win scenario! Anyone on fixed or limited incomes can appreciate the value in that.

As for "blogging", I am unsure how well I can do. I mean no disrespect to anyone, and often read what others have to say, but my health issues are such that I tend to be very antisocial. Reading is my escape (from everything). I would love to have the opportunity to try. I may fail as a blogger since I don't really enjoy involving myself in discussions where I know my anxiety may increase. Yet as a reviewer, I could add an honest opinion without any debate or drama.

I have very eclectic tastes in book genre; usually the mood dictates what comes next, and can last a day or months and back again. I also tend to be an "author" reader, reading most or all titles by an author before moving on if the opportunity and funds allow. As you can imagine I make frequent use of library e-books, however limited the selection. Thank you for your patience in reading my first blog post. :wink:
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

To update everyone, the review team has been a huge success since I originally made the OP speculating about starting one up nearly 2 years ago in November. In the first few months it took off so rapidly that it was overwhelming. I had to overhaul the system by writing some of the best software I ever created to handle the thousands of requests for reviews. That was over a year ago. With the expediency and ease added by the software, the review team took off even more. I still have a lot of plans and ideas for ways to improve the review team system, and am always eager for suggestions.

I am locking and de-sticking this topic because it is 2 years old and an outdated point of reference for the review team.

I have added an outline of the system and links to the longer public explanation of the system and information on how to join to the FAQ:

http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/faq.php#f11r0
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”