Official Review: The Cosmic Machiavelli

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vsc_vet_tech
Favorite Author: I have a few.
Favorite Book: Hard to narrow to one
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vsc-vet-tech.html
Latest Review: "Crisis (Vampires Rule 2)" by Rocky Grede
Reading Device: B005890FN0

Official Review: The Cosmic Machiavelli

Post by vsc_vet_tech »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Cosmic Machiavelli" by Thejendra B.S.]
Book Cover for 9781469989211
Share This Review

The Cosmic Machiavelli: A Mild & Wild Chat with the Brilliant Celestial Mechanic was an unusual read for me. I am more of a suspense and mystery reader, but was up for a different book to read. I have been recently been on the edge about a lot of religious issues and I thought it might be interesting to read this book.

The Cosmic Machiavelli, written by Thejendra B.S., was originally published under the title of God is No Angel in 2011 and re-released under this title in 2012. I have to first start off by saying that this book will not be for everyone. It takes conventional western religious thinking and turns it on its head. The Cosmic Machiavelli is one man’s option of God’s answers to our eternal questions. The book is laid out as a one-on-one conversation between an author who is having a bad case of writers block and God, in the form of an old man. The entire conversation takes place on a bus during god’s 6 hour vacation, which he gets every 10 years.

This book touches on a lot of subjects, but some that are discussed are creation, evolution, jobs, violence, earthly disasters, heaven and hell, religion in general, and even touches on aliens. Now, I am not going to give all the answers away, but I have to say some them are worth thinking about. I thought a few times during reading the book, “Hmmm, I wonder if that is really how that really works?”

Now, even with that being said, I would still only give this book a 2 out of 4 rating. I was unable to stay focused on this book. I found my mind wandering a lot, so I had to re-read portions of this book over again. I also thought that the “God” in the book was very repetitive and would never give a straight answer. There were long comparisons that I thought were unnecessary. One or maybe two comparisons would have been more than enough. The back and forth between the man and God got very hard to follow from time to time. God also seemed to contradict himself A LOT, “yes and no” was the answer to a lot of questions.

In the end I had to remember that this was just one guy’s option of how he thought life’s questions should be answered by a higher being. Finally, the last chapter was the most informative… and the most true!

Buy "The Cosmic Machiavelli" on Amazon
Buy "The Cosmic Machiavelli" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "Crisis (Vampires Rule 2)" by Rocky Grede

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”