Official Review: Cob Search For A Serial Killer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HateToWin
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hatetowin.html
Latest Review: "DIGGING A HOLE IN THE GROUND and other design classics" by Niall Hedderman
fav_author_id: 2456

Official Review: Cob Search For A Serial Killer

Post by HateToWin »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cob Search For A Serial Killer" by Brian Benson.]
Book Cover for 9781477134719
Share This Review

This book alternates between following private investigator Brent Dulac and his team as they hunt down the serial killer, who he has dubbed Cob, and the serial killed himself, Richard Michael Minton.

Richard was a peeping tom in Brents neighborhood when Brent was 16. Whenever he would spy on someone he would leave an empty corncob behind and also mess with the property in other ways, such as moving lawn furniture and folding any clothes that were left out to dry, just so they would know he was there. On multiple occasions Brent and his friends attempted to catch him, but Cob always got away.

As Cob got older he started increasing his crimes, instead of just watching people through their windows, he would break into their houses while they were gone, he would never steal anything big, he would just keep a souvenir, and after that got old he started to kidnap and kill his victims.

This was an interesting book, I enjoyed the way it was told by switching viewpoints throughout so you would know what was going on in the investigators minds, as well as in the killers mind. It was very interesting and a great page turner, I always had to know what was going to happen next.

It was well written for the most part, there were a few mistakes with grammar, and the scenes where Cob was either abducting or killing were repetitive, as he used the same method every time. While that works in tv shows and movies, it is a bit annoying in a book, as you feel like you are rereading the same material will slight changes every time it happens.

Overall it was a good, well written book, the problems I had with it are minor and it was an entertaining read. I would recommend it, but keep in mind it is intended for more mature audiences. I give it 4 out of 4 stars.

Buy "Cob Search For A Serial Killer" on Amazon
Buy "Cob Search For A Serial Killer" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "DIGGING A HOLE IN THE GROUND and other design classics" by Niall Hedderman
bknight47
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Favorite Book: Red Dragon Thomas Harris
Currently Reading: It Worked For Me Colin Powell
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by bknight47 »

Thank you for your honest review Hate To Win. This is my first novel, and was published without the aid of a professional editor. I now have an editor. The grammatical and other errors you mentioned will not show up in book #2. Thanks again...B

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”