New Forum Suggestion

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

MysFan
Bookshelf Size: 0

New Forum Suggestion

Post by MysFan »

I am not sure this would be an appropriate topic as it might be too critical of authors, but it would be great to hear about those books that most disappointed and why from the perspective of the forum member. There are discussions on what forum members are reading now, and whether the book matched the movie and there are some mentions of negatives in these forums.

While it is not the last word, it could be helpful to other members if a particular book was disappointing for quite a few members.

Could be it would not have many posts as too few would want to be this critical. Or too few would let others influence their reading choices.

Since I am a new member, not sure what would work and what would not.
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Hmm, not sure if this needs a separate forum to be honest, the topic of most disappointing book/author and opinions on same are already well covered in the authors section and the other topics seem to come up on the General reading forum on a daily basis, I think we are well covered in my opinion. If you want to start a thread about your least fave author or book then go ahead. :D
You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

StephenKingman wrote:Hmm, not sure if this needs a separate forum to be honest, the topic of most disappointing book/author and opinions on same are already well covered in the authors section and the other topics seem to come up on the General reading forum on a daily basis, I think we are well covered in my opinion. If you want to start a thread about your least fave author or book then go ahead. :D
I'm inclined to agree ... IMO we already have this well covered in the "Review & Discussion of Specific Book or Author" Forum ... although to be fair I note that we (including myself) only seem to post reviews of books we enjoyed, maybe we're just a particulary charitable group & don't like to rain on anyone's parade or maybe it's that we just want to forget all about a negative read. :lol:
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
MysFan

Post by MysFan »

Thanks for the feedback. I do see that some mild criticism does enter into What Are You Reading Now? and a couple others. And I do agree that a separate forum just to state how people hated books is a bit off-putting. Not to mention negative. And it may not generate any interest, which is the purpose of the forums anyway.

I am glad I got this feedback as it is similar to what I was thinking. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”