Official Review: Eden Relics by N Williams.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
HateToWin
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hatetowin.html
Latest Review: "DIGGING A HOLE IN THE GROUND and other design classics" by Niall Hedderman
fav_author_id: 2456

Official Review: Eden Relics by N Williams.

Post by HateToWin »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eden Relics" by N Williams.]

The book begins with the discovery of ancient religious relics beneath the Sphinx in Egypt. The discovery of these relics threaten to destroy organized religion, and perhaps result in a massive war. Not wanting to destroy the relics, along with the history that they contain, it is decided that they should be smuggled into England and hidden away, so one day they may once again be found and their existence be known.

Once back in England the relics are lost to time, until one day a diary, which contains details of the items and their whereabouts, is discovered by a man who is hired to fix up a castle that once belonged to Adelina Patti, the woman who first discovered the items. The diary is written in Latin, and he has no idea what it says, so he decides to post it on ebay and see if he can make some money off of it. This attracts the attention of some very rich and powerful people who will stop at nothing to get the diary and find the ancient relics.

The story follows Zac, he is a retired police officer trying to live out his life in peace, until two of his old friends get murdered. He receives a package from one of them shortly after they die, which contains parts of the diary. A group of religious zealots and the billionaire president of a pharmaceutical company that are after the diary learn of this, and it puts Zac in the middle of a war being fought between the two to see who can find the relics first.

I really enjoyed the way in which this story was told, it has great action scenes throughout, all of which are well written. The characters are well developed and interesting, and the scenery was always well depicted. The story was paced well and it was a hard book to put down.

Although it did seem to drag on a bit during a couple of sections, it was overall fast paced and very interesting. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars and highly recommend it.

Buy "Eden Relics" on Amazon
Latest Review: "DIGGING A HOLE IN THE GROUND and other design classics" by Niall Hedderman
nigel699
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nigel699 »

Thanks very much for the kind review. I'm delighted you enjoyed it. You even wrote a better synopsis than my own. :D Thanks again, Nigel
HateToWin
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hatetowin.html
fav_author_id: 2456

Post by HateToWin »

Do you know yet when the next book in the series will be coming out? This one was great, and i am looking forward to reading Rod Of Asclepius as soon as it comes out :)
nigel699
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by nigel699 »

Thanks for the enquiry. I hope to get The Rod of Asclepius available in time for Christmas. I'm currently completing a book called Welsh Gold (a departure from the Eden Relics series, which I hope will be published soon). I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more. Thanks again for your support.
Nigel

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”