Official Review: Welcome Home by Neil Davies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
alwaysreading09
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysreading09.html
Latest Review: "3 Days of Demons" by Ed Greenberg

Official Review: Welcome Home by Neil Davies

Post by alwaysreading09 »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Welcome Home" by Neil Davies.]
Book Cover for 2940011281600
Share This Review

This fiction book is a murder mystery and not for the weak stomached.

Welcome Home by Neil Davies

This book follows a woman named Victoria, her life in a new town with her husband Simon and the new dream home that she found, as well as the life a sadistic killer that is torturing woman all around her new town.

Chapter two of the book made me think “What did I get myself into?”. I am not a weak stomached person and I love a good murder themed book but I definitely got nauseous on this one. I would not recommend this book for any younger readers or anyone with past trauma of physical/sexual abuse as this may cause distress.

The book, despite the “This is too much!” feeling I got often through some of the parts, was a very keep you wanting to read more type of book. There were definitely some details that I felt were a bit too much but I do understand that it let you get into to the mindset of the killer. But it was still one of the most disturbingly violent books I’ve read.

As for the story line it does close all of the loose ends up very nicely. I didn’t like the way it would switch from one person to the next without some sort of warning like a space between paragraphs as most books do. Sometimes you would be very into it and reading along but it would throw you off when you didn’t realize it switched characters on you.

I thought I had this book figured out in the beginning and boy was I wrong! It definitely had a great twist towards the end that I didn’t expect and even more right through the final page.

I would give this book a rating of 3.5 out of 4 stars. This book will stick with me for a long time for sure.

Buy "Welcome Home" on Amazon
Buy "Welcome Home" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "3 Days of Demons" by Ed Greenberg

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”