Official Review: Tree of Words by Lapo Melzi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kaylaqt
Bookshelf Size: 1
Latest Review: "Tree of Words" by Lapo Melzi

Official Review: Tree of Words by Lapo Melzi

Post by Kaylaqt »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tree of Words" by Lapo Melzi.]

Tree of Words is a collection of 70 poems, translated both in English and in Italian. The book was written by, in my opinion, a fantastic author who really knew what he was talking about- Lapo Melzi. He obviously has a passion and a flair for writing, and this book is just further proof.

The depth of emotion included in each poem was absolutely outstanding. It was full of life and passion, Lapo has definitely created an amazing book. The imagery that was used created a beautiful picture in my head. The vocabulary that was used just made each poem a delight to read, I don't think 70 was enough, I wanted to continue reading it!

However, I couldn't help but notice the constant repetition of a few words. These words were constantly used in many of the poems. They included; tempest, embers and violet. It felt like in that every poem I read, one of these words popped up. Apart from this minor flaw, the book was absouletely amazing. This compilation of poems, was a pleasure to read. I definitely enjoyed it.

Because of the translation of the poems, it made it all the more elegant and sophisticated, especially in Italian. I liked how it showed the poem in both languages. Why? It celebrated the fact that wherever you are in the world, you can still enjoy the It was beautiful to see such great work in 2 languages, allowing more people to read it, which I most definitely recommend. Lapo Melzi, this book was amazing! I rate it 4 out of 4 stars!

Buy "Tree of Words" on Amazon
Latest Review: "Tree of Words" by Lapo Melzi

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”