Question - Reaching current posts

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

MysFan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Question - Reaching current posts

Post by MysFan »

I am new and I can't figure out how to get to the introduction piece. When I hit submit below it said it was not a new topic - Introduction that is.

Also, I cannot figure out how to get the current entries. I get all of them and can't seem to sort on the ones that are current; say for August.

I have not got much experience with this particular forum and just need a bit of help. I tried to go through the menu above, but it was not clear to me what I was doing wrong.

Really like the suggestions I am reading and have been adding reviews, but just a bit lost. Help!! Hope this will submit.
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

MysFan wrote:I am new and I can't figure out how to get to the introduction piece. When I hit submit below it said it was not a new topic - Introduction that is.

Also, I cannot figure out how to get the current entries. I get all of them and can't seem to sort on the ones that are current; say for August.

I have not got much experience with this particular forum and just need a bit of help. I tried to go through the menu above, but it was not clear to me what I was doing wrong.

Really like the suggestions I am reading and have been adding reviews, but just a bit lost. Help!! Hope this will submit.
Hoooraaaaaay !!! Your "submit" worked !! When you come to this site you should be at the page called "Forum Home". The big boxes in this section break down the forum topics into very general categories. Select the topic that interests you and click on it. So, for instance, you might click on "General Book and Reading Discussion". This will open another page which will list various topics submitted by members of the site. You will notice that next to the title of each submission there are usually a lot of little, white numbered boxes. These boxes represent the number of pages of posts referring to that topic in the order in which the comments were made. So if you click on the LAST (or largest) number you will be taken to the page that has the latest comments. Hope this helps, and WELCOME to the forum !!!
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Also if you are in Forum Home you probably have an advert banner at the top of the page & under it are 4 text options
"View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics" & you can click on either of these options. Personally I usually use the View new posts as this will filter to posts submitted since your last visit to the site. It does take a little while to learn to navigate your way round but persevere & in no time you'll be totally at home here. :)
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”